1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wide Tire Kit for Dyna Low Rider

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gutierg, Aug 23, 2007.

1. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Has anyone ever seen this done? I was reading the August issue of Hot Bike Magazine and found a article about a highly modified Dyna Wide Glide with a 200 mm Metzeler tire and wheel combination.

Does anyone know the actual engineering reason as to why HD will not provide this wide tire kits for the Dyna Low Rider? Mine is an 05 Low Rider with Stage 1 Upgrade. Please let me know.

Regards,
    German

Attached Files:

2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi German, as a matter of fact theres a long thread here on this forum all about a members wide tire conversion on his Dyna WG. You can check it out here:
    [PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/pull-up-chair-sit-spell/2794-posting-pic-my-bike.html"]Wide tire conversion[/PAGE]
  3. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member

I did 240 on a 04 FXDL about 1.5 years ago. Totally love it but there are some issues. Was able to warn Chris (voodoo) about some of the issues when he was doing his bike. But we both feel the end result was more then worth the hassel. If you are only going a 200 tire, then you will avoid most the issues. Zodiac makes a great and well priced kit, Hog Pro has good prices on them.
    I am sure that MOCO avoids the kit because of having to install extended transmission main drive shaft and main drive gear voiding warrenties.

Attached Files:

4. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Reese:

I certainly appreciate the information, I never thought this option was a possibility. I have contacted voodochild privately asking for his opinion and the possibility of doing this modification on my 05 Dyna Low Rider.

I will investigate your suggestions and will follow up.

Thanks for the information. Absolutely, awesome looking bike. I think that If I can manage to get this done, my next modification would be a drag bar with hidden cables for my ride.

Thanks again.

German
  5. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Reese:

Do you happen to have Internet Links to Zodiac and or Hog Pro? Please let me know.

German
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

7. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Kenfuzed,

Thanks indeed, for I have been looking for this kit for some time now. Both ReeseSS and voodochild have just ignited a modification frenzy!!

I have spoken to HogPro in CA and discuss the kit with them.

Their bikes are just awesome looking and I will be very serioulsly looking at this modification. I was going to send a message to them asking for their input regarding the physical modification. I have a pretty good set of tools, but I am 100% positive, I do not have them all.

Regards,
    German
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep Ken beat me to the Hogpro

But Here's zodiac based in europe

I think PM has kits as well, there are other sources too.
  9. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

PM does have a kit but it's more than double what Zodiak's kit goes for. I liked my kit from Zodiak, some extra parts, no directions, but I figured it out. Hey German, let me or Reese know if you have any questions. (Hope you don't mind Reese that I threw you in there, you were a huge source of info for me. Thanks again if I haven't told you enough times already!)
  10. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

bigboarproducts in Loudon,Tn has some decent priced conversion kits. I found a 200 Kit for my 77 Shovelhead for $1250 to do it myself and add $850 if they install. Haven't gotten it yet, will wait till project time this winter before I do.:cool: Hope this might help