1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wifes Valkyrie Trike

Discussion in 'Projects' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 13, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Getting ready to put the Red/Black Valkyrie Trike up for sale, sense the wife is riding her Harley Trike all the time now. Still that Valk trike is pretty dang nice and has more power than the Harley.
    The body had moved a bit so knew I had to pull the body up and line it up again. Pulled the top trunk off undid all the wiring. What a job reaching inside the body and holding the bolt on the bottom at the same time. I would have drug the wife out but she was gone. Had to use vise grips on the bottom bolts, just didn't have long enough arms for both. Had used the nylon lock nuts on it in 1/2 inch. Those peckers had worked loose, no wonder she had slide over a bit. Put new nuts on it (nylon lock type) but also put lock tight on the threads. Added some spacers to also raise it up a bit to. Had a lady come over and look at it a few weeks ago. She was well over 300 pounds more closer to 350 and when she sat on it the right side tire was rubbing on the body.:eek: and thats with 50 pounds of air in the center air shock. She called the other night and said she has part of the money so knew I had to do something. I don't perform lippo suction so had to work on the bike. :D
    I raised the body up a bit and installed the spacers, total of six three on each side and got her moved over a bit. Used my Harbor Freight electric wench I got installed in the overhead to raise the whole back end of the bike up to put the jack stands under it. Got her all done and now she is coming over again Sat. to look at it again. Hope we get her sold.
    I know I should have taken a few photo's but when I got started I just didn't stop not even for lunch.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is a nice looking trike............good luck on the sale!!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That red & black look good so does the mountian in the background :cool:
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cowboy, that's Crater Lake in the back ground and those Mountains are the the rim around Crater Lake.