1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Will change of Slip-on's require new dyno tune

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by hd27612, Sep 16, 2008.

1. hd27612

hd27612 New Member

I have a 2007 Ultra with SERT, SEAC, V&H True Duals and SE performance slip-on's (old style version 64903-99). The bike is a little to loud for my style of touring and I am thinking about changing out the Slip-on's to the V&H Monster Ovals. Do you think that I will need to retune. I am thinking that since I may be going to a more restrictive Slip-on, that a new Dyno tune may not be necessary. Any thoughts appreciated.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

my money says your going to be just fine!!!!!!!!:)
  3. hd27612

hd27612 New Member

Thanks Chucktx. My thoughts are the same. Seems to me if I were going from a more restrictive exhaust to a more free flow that the new dyno tune might be necessary.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i would tend to agree with you!!:)
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

In your situation the Dyno run would be a luxury, not a necessity. But did you get a Dyno run with the original change to TD's & SE slip ons? It is nice to have a baseline Dyno for reference, like having an EKG before ya get heart problems (some of you others out there know too well what I mean).
    :cheers:
  6. hd27612

hd27612 New Member

Thanks for the reply. At he beginning I added the Slip on's, SEAC and SERT to the original headers. I had some serious pinging going on as well as excessive heat. I tried several of the canned maps and could not find any that will stop the pinging. Then I decided to add the V&H TD's and have the bike dyno'd. The dyno really helped the heat and totally eleminated the pinging but the TD's did make everything louder. I have put on approx 10k miles since the tune and it runs fine but is just a little to loud for me since I like to take long rides and listen to my tunes sometimes.
    :cheers: