1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Willie G D

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Feb 14, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Wow all I wanted to do was rise the bars two inches. and tilt'em back. Gotta get a new brake-line in order for it to work..designed line is an inch short.....my buddy owns a dealership, but still that just P-Os me off.:cussing: They(HD) really got this thing over the last ten-ta 15-years,especially the last 5yrs. or so.......,so ya can't do what ya want without what ya gotta in order to get it done:D I got my own interpretation of Willie G. D. and it is not a nice one. I dred seeing that man at any event..he sees what people come up with (even a stinking plastic Air cleaner 88 hole can't be bored out like the EVOholes. i am gonna stay awya from Fuel Inj. My owner buddy says that they do adjust but fellas are paying a grand for a "flash" and pipes are silly. :rant: prices but people are paying them. What can a fella do. So much for tinkering..buy and buy and buy and buy then bolt.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well, i have a 65 pan, and if i want to go with differnt bars i will have to get new clutch cable, and throttle cable. plus all the wiring in the bars will have to be lengthed.....when ya go to fabbin on mechinical stuff, it is supposed to be fun. it will also have a cost factor to it. i cant remember any bike that i messed with that didnt have its problems and cost factor. it is all part of the personalizing game........and i love it!!!!!!!! take a deep breath, blow it out and have fun with it.....:)
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

lol

:roflmao: yeah....... I know.....but two stinking inches?.. used to be fun... now it becomes costly... guess I can bend my own.....or better yet have my buddy's fab shop bend what I need... and EXhale!!!!! :cool: still wanna have a word or twelve with Willie!!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

just two inches is that a girl talking :roflmao: on the other hand anytime you raise or lower stock parts you'll have to make it bigger or smaller :D
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I've been getting these emails that sell you a product that will make it bigger, might give you enough inches to make her happy, funny thing though they say you have to take it all the time, wonder how that works out....

Doesn't matter what year, once you get past a certain amount of bar length change you are going to need cables. Not HD"s fault they built it the way that fits most, you are the one changing it.

Get some of the ss teflon coated cables when you do it, much less friction, easier pull, clutch will be lighter, I believe it will give you an extra 2 HP and tQ:D

If you need I have a link to a company that makes a wire stretcher :roflmao:
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

will a fence wire stretcher work or is that to big:roflmao: :roflmao:
  7. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

ouch

yeah I am changing it...and extra length to spare is a cost to HD so make it fit and only fit. I'd be willing to have paid for a longer brake line. heck I paid enough on the last HD to have bought my first three at once. LOL:cool: Thanks I'll look into the cables but the strecthers are out of the question:D
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

fence stretcher.....a tad bit too small.......:D
  9. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

Should change been named willie H.D. for hundreds and hundreds of dollars every time you walk through the door.