1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wimmer - an example of poor service

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by hotroadking, Nov 6, 2007.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

We ordered a Wimmer oil cooler from Drag, for whatever reason the unit showed up with incorrect frame clamps.

Before installing we called the local dealer, Drag has a no return exchange on Oil coolers, hmm.

So we called Wimmer. All we want to do is exchange the wrong clamps that we got, unused, new in the box, for a set that will fit an evo frame.

Spoke with Ryan at Wimmer, his policy, if you don't buy it directly from him you have no recourse or assistance, he will not exchange anything. Very rude about it, that's his policy.

I was polite but again, we now have an unuseable expensive oil cooler that cannot be mounted to the bike unless we give him $60 more for additional clamps.

We would have been happy to pay some kind of exchange fee for the service of doing it but were never given the chance. When I explained that this was not good service we get the "that's my policy"

So I said no problem I'll post it on the web.

His response "go ahead I've heard it all before"

So here you go Ryan- yep it's posted maybe it won't do anything but hopefully people will learn to not deal with companies that treat customers the way Ryan and Wimmer treat customers.
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Don't forget not doing business with Drag now either. It truly was their screwup that caused this. You have kept me from trying either of them in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

You know you might want to post something about this in the Vendor feedback section. Might be more likely to be seen there by more potential buyers.
  3. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

What a crock!! How do people like that stay in business?
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Don't know who wimmer is But drag has been doing it to good folks for years , They get away with it because there 's probley about 1 mill orders a week to them , I bought something from drag back in the mid to late 70's & they where screwing us back then
  5. hotroadking

good idea on the vendor section i'm never in any forum but the tech lol

if a moderator wants to move this works for me!

Understand Wimmer makes very nice stuff, and Drag does get orders right however,
    when something goes wrong neither is interested in fixing the problem, a simple bracket replacement

Worse Ryan was a jerk about it, to both me and the indy shop that placed the order.

these guys need to get smart, the bike market is shrinking hd is cutting production and bike prices are dropping

The survivors will be those that have good service and good products, you can't be half pregnant.
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Don't worry HRK, I now have them noted in the a**hole section of my bookmarks! :D BTW, I don't know how they stay in business but jerkoffs like that are all over and they don't seem to care. :banghead: :gah:
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

check, hrk says so then i am with him, no reason to throw my money out there to see if it's true hrk hasn't steered me wrong yet.
  8. hotroadking

Drags really not the issue, they caused us to have to go to wimmer but

Wimmers cs actions are the issue, not that wimmer doesn't make a quality product and isn't a good manuf, Not saying that at all

Just that the guy on the phone was rude and did nothing to help solve the problem, that's the real problem the attitude of the service person.:gah:

:cussing:
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

9 times out of 10....it is the person you talk to that get a black eye for their own company....
  10. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

How about filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau and then send a corbon copy of that claim to Wimmer and Drag. A lot of times I check BBB records before purchasing.Not long ago I switched electric companies here in Tx. and one of the ones I was considering had way more BBB complaints than the others. So I eliminated that choice. AL
  11. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

good idea Al, I always forget the BBB
  12. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

If america was built on businesses that operated like that we would have some major problems... Sorry that it happened to you, but I had some dealings with crooked practices in companies before. Once I hit them with that concept (so you are another one of those companies that's out to screw the common man), there attitude changes completely. Most of the time. My wife makes it an issue to fight companies that try and screw us... So far she's like 9-2. And the two that she lost too, she's made them pay... BBB, attorney general, general post's on myspace... She basically makes it hard for them to continue without a quick revamp of their protocol... She can be a bitch, but a positively directed bitch... :)
  13. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

HRK, made a copy of your original post and put it in vendors for you.... :)