1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wimmer - an example of poor service

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by hotroadking, Nov 6, 2007.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

We ordered a Wimmer oil cooler from Drag, for whatever reason the unit showed up with incorrect frame clamps.

Before installing we called the local dealer, Drag has a no return exchange on Oil coolers, hmm.

So we called Wimmer. All we want to do is exchange the wrong clamps that we got, unused, new in the box, for a set that will fit an evo frame.

Spoke with Ryan at Wimmer, his policy, if you don't buy it directly from him you have no recourse or assistance, he will not exchange anything. Very rude about it, that's his policy.

I was polite but again, we now have an unuseable expensive oil cooler that cannot be mounted to the bike unless we give him $60 more for additional clamps.

We would have been happy to pay some kind of exchange fee for the service of doing it but were never given the chance. When I explained that this was not good service we get the "that's my policy"

So I said no problem I'll post it on the web.

His response "go ahead I've heard it all before"

So here you go Ryan- yep it's posted maybe it won't do anything but hopefully people will learn to not deal with companies that treat customers the way Ryan and Wimmer treat customers.
  2. Doc1953

Doc1953 New Member

Dr Mudspringer

Here is an intersting story. We went to the International Motorcycle Show and got coupons from Dr. Mudspringer fro 20% off on Kuryakan parts. There was very little there for sale, so after the show we went to the store to pick up a part. When we tried to use the coupon we were told that is was not 20% off of the marked price becuase that was their "special price". To use the coupon, it was 20% off of the catalog MSRP. The part was still a little cheaper, but not 20%. A bit deceptive don't you think?

DOC:witsend:
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

:angry: :banghead: :fight: :gah: :rant: THAT SUCKS, WON'T BE ORDERING ANYTHING FROM THEM.
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

This isn't the first complaint I've heard about Wimmer custom cycles' customer service. Unfortunately you ran into the worst of all scenarios.

#1 Drag Specialties - shakes down manufacturers for below-wholesale pricing, then won't back up what is sold to resellers or direct sales. You can always count on Drag to leave both the supplier, reseller, and/or customer holding the bag. Then the supplier gets mad when they have to shell out support after already being raped of their profits by Drag.

#2 Wimmer Custom Cycle (aka Wimmer Machine). Just because a company makes a quality product doesn't mean their $hit don't stink. Once some overseas manufacture starts knocking off their products and they lose customers they'll start boo-hooin' about people not supporting "Made in American" products. I'm all for buying quality US made products, but if some jack hole is going to piss all over their customers, then they don't deserve anyone's business and they get what they deserve.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup, i agree!!!!
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

comeon ken quit sugar coating it:roflmao:
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

My sentiments exactly!!
  8. PineyScooterTrash

PineyScooterTrash New Member

I am going to get an oil cooler for my e-glide, It won,t be from wimmer!
    Appreciate the heads up yall:cool: !