1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Windshield for Nightster

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Aug 12, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Bought the OL a Nightster last weekend.

Just got her a Mustang Solo seat for her bike.

Is anybody riding a nightster have a windshield on it.

[​IMG]
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Check into Memphis Shades. I believe Drag sells them.
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The Memphis shades I have seen are tinted at the bottom.
    The OL will not let me put it on her bike.
    I wouldn't want it on a bike of mine either.

thanks.
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Don't have a Nightster, but I've used 'shield on 2 Sportsters & the only real difference is the handlebar. I've got the H-D "Sport" 'shield that mounts to the upper part of the forks & also to the bar. The bar height from one bike to the other is 4" different, but there's a lot of adjustment in the mounts & I don't believe the lower Nighster bar would be any problem.

It's a mid-size 'shield that you look over instead of thru & National Cycle makes one that's nearly identical & costs less, primarily because it doesn't have the winged H-D logo - which you can barely see anyway. Both 'shields drop down around the headlight 1/2 way & that helps cut down on the air coming underneath the 'shield, then up in your face - the turbulence behind the 'shield can be bad if the angle's not right.

I rode around with 2 box-end wrenches & an Allen in my back pocket, stopping periodically to loosen the mounts a little, tilt the 'shield to a slightly different angle, tighten the clamps & try it again. Took a while, but "trial & error" got it right for me. Oh - mine's a light "smoke" tint but I think Nat'l. Cycle also offers it in clear if that's what she wants.
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Actually Memphis Shades does have a clear windshield... Have one on my FLSTC. :)
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep memphis has clear ones.

I have the black tint on the bottom of my shield from them for the RG, they do make good stuff,

I think they also have a detachable kit?

That bike would look good with the memphis shades either tinted completly (smoked) or the black on the bottom....