1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Windshield

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by viking, Mar 11, 2011.

1. viking

viking New Member

I sit high in the saddle on my streetglide and have tried a few different hieght windshields and have not found anything that is really good for me.I have settled on a 61/2 inch harley windscreen.I was wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about the recurve shields.They say they send the air about 2 inches higher,if so that might help me.Also is there any way to keep my beard out of my eyes?I have to tie it to keep it down.Cutting it is not an option.the batwing will go first.
    Viking
  2. Ted

Ted New Member

hi Viking

just look over it not threw it. I made mine for $12.00 just to find out what was best. Im a short guy with a reach seat.I copied the bottom of the old windshield and cut it out.
    Pushed it up 2 inches up and marked the top and cut it out. I think I will try to take a hair dryer and roll the top a little next. I go the lexon at Home Depot. i'ts a little thinner but it works fine at 80 mph.

Good luck Ole Ted
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you didnt mention whether ya like to look over or through.........i like to look through, others look over. dont know much about the recurves. keep the hair ties handy......hair loves blowing in the wind, and that is one of the greatest things of riding!!!!!!! being in the wind!!!! i have had the same problem since 67':):D
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

also those little wing that cost about 25-30 bucks & screw on the lower edge of the batming help , along with the chrome spike looking wind defeleters that bold on just behing the faring to side of the front end , you'll still get the wind , but the beard wont fly as much , I had the same problum then added these parts , Now I get the wind & beard just flows well :D & I like to look through the bug catcher
  5. viking

viking New Member

Thanks cowboy I will try the deflectors that go on the side of the fairing.The ones that go on the side of the fork last time I checked were not available for a streetglide because of the signal light location.I am looking over the windshield and have tried 41/2, 61/2, 8 ,9 inch .they all still shake my glasses so bad that I sometimes have a hard time to see.8&9 inch is starting to help a bit but I really do not like the look.That is why if a 61/2 with recurve would push the air up to 81/2 it may be o k for me .I geuss I will have to try one.thanks again
    Viking
  6. cowboy

viking they have a few different colors clear- Black - smoke good luck
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

8. cowboy

don't think I would like the one for the E Glide that curves back so far into my face
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Nope, me neither.