1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Windshield

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Aug 24, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Hey all:

Trying to find a shield that won't buffet me so much. Tried the harley 12" light smoke. Got a lot of glare from the gas cap cover and tank console. Don't like looking through the shield either. Right now I have a drag spec 8" dark smoke but just isn't tall enough. Also can anyone tell me the difference between Acrylic and Lexan. If one is better than the other. Harley shields are Lexan. I found a site with shields that have a upper recurve to reduce buffeting but the shields are made from acrylic. Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. mhonn2002

mhonn2002 New Member

I have a clearview 8 1/2" recurve. I like it alot. I can look over it and I dont get a lot of buffetting from the wind. Hope this helps.
  3. steveb

steveb Active Member

These look like they could be alright. I have not tried them and I do not know anyone that has.

WindVest | Products