1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Winter Project 1

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Lucifer, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Well, Finally got the parts dropped off for the Shovel...There were a lot less than I expected and one of the sliders looked like it was polished with a grinder and the broken off mounting tab was welded back on but not drilled and tapped:mad:
    So,Period correct is out the window for now....

I have a set of Evo FL lowers,so I'd need a set of tubes...I'm leaning this way because I don't want to rebuild the banana caliper and I'd like to upgrade the front braking and might go with 96-up controls....
    It also has a few wiring issues that have to be worked out...
    The bike is going to be all black with white hard bags with a touch of chrome here and there....

Here's a couple of pics of my starting point
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thought I had a few more pics...had a lot of wobbly pops in me when I had the camera up the garage:rolleyes::roflmao:
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Wobbly Pops!!!:roflmao::roflmao: I am looking forward to seeing the progression. What year is it??
  3. Lucifer

'79 flh80
  4. Lucifer

One more...

[​IMG]

Here's a look at Project 2...just "some assembly required" Upgraded front brakes and 96-up style controls already on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Project 3 is the Cop King....Big Bore kit from Kirby arrived Thursday:D....Gonna run it with the TW21 next year to see how I like the "mouse build"...Then most likely be sending him the heads and a cam change once the novelty of the mouse wears off...;)
  5. JohnnyBiker

So is Project 2 a friend of yours bike?? OR both of them yours or what??:gah:
  6. Lucifer

My Shovel before he tore it apart and fugged it up

[​IMG]

My Heritage before brakes and wiring...

[​IMG]

And my Cop King gone undercover...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  7. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

nice projects lucy, plenty to stay busy.
    oh, that's a sharp helper you have there too !
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Looks like you're gonna be busy for a while.
  9. Lucifer

Yeah,a little....The Heritage looks like more than there really is,only about 6-8hrs to finish it,then bleed the brakes and tune the Mik...prolly another 6-8 to clean it though lol...Big bore kit should be able to knock that off in a day and a half...
    The Shovel will take some time though...the wiring in the dash looks messy,but works...in the pic you can see the yellow jumper wire sticking out is fubared,that where the last owner had his shorting out problems,original owner had apes on it,so that's why all the splicing is done...I have a new harness for it, but I'm going with a set of apes too so I may not pull the old harness just fix the short...really have to go through it though...Spot lights are going on too and don't know if wiring is intact for that...
    Original plan was a complete rewiring from stem to stern and go period correct,but the mess of the fork lowers and banana caliper is what's changing my mind...the lowers are pretty hard to find...
    Biggest thing will be finding out what is missing and what needs replacing....
    Really a shame what needs to be done to it though,because the guy I got if from won it on a $50.00 ticket(Local Club raffled it off)...it was blue and silver,looked good and was a real strong runner...if he had only left the damn thing alone it wouldn't be in the mess it is now....
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

So when the snow falls you'll be in the shop working like a elf on your rides if no kids you be done before the snow melts :)
  11. Lucifer

:roflmao:That's the plan...Cop King is going up today...gotta straighten the place out some to make room...fill the beer fridge and get ready to go...:D
  12. JohnnyBiker

:cool:
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I've though about doing the 95 mouse to my cop glide but I'll take the tw 26 cams out
  14. Lucifer

Slight change in plans...Big Bore kit going in the Cop King first since that would be the quickest and easiest to get outta the way,then the Heritage next...then focus on the Shovel...found out the fork assemblies my buddy has up there from the 2000 Heritage use a 3/4" axle...just gotta see what kind of money he wants for them:rolleyes:,then I can use a Twinkie 4 piston front caliper on it....Now I have to come up with a Heritage or Fat Boy front fender and find a caliper,then that's the front end taken care of.....I already have a floating rotor I can use....
  15. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Man Lucifer, you really DO look good in red! I think I love ya man!!!;)
  16. Lucifer

:wtf:C'mon man...I look more like my avatar pic...not my lil Elf....:devil:
  17. joshbob

Lucifer, for used Harley parts try: robsusedharleyparts. com. I built most of my bike from his parts. I've been at his place of business and he has an impressive selection of stuff. He does mail order.
  18. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Your "Little Elf" could lead me to sin nooo problem!!!! Hahahaha OK I'm done with it. Good luck with your builds. Lookin forwar to seeing em completed bro.
  19. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

i tried to go to email for robs...invalid address.
  20. joshbob

Works better if you google it - then it will come up.