1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wires where do they go

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by dwint, Jul 21, 2008.

1. dwint

dwint New Member

i am buildig a chopper with the basic wiring.i bought a 1999 1200c engine and was surprized at how many wires are coming from the engine.all i no is one is for the speedo .as far as voltage reg goes and the others i have no idea.i am sure i would have to do some splicing since i wont be using the stock wiring.i have been on i dont no how many web sites and i cant get a reply.if someone could help me i could get rid of my headache.:banghead:
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am sure we can help you along..........
    first thing ya need to do is get the factory service manual. it will be the most important tool you own. look at the wiring diagrams. see what ya can get from them, then come back and ask away. it will be hard for us to help ya if you dont know what you are looking at!!!!.......................:)
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you have the wires and components from the stock sporty, either get the SM as it has the wire diagrams in the back or find someone with it to copy it for you, several pages you'll have main, lights, dash, etc pages.

you might get someone in a dealer to copy them for you but more likely they'll sell you the SM,
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

here ya go

Attached Files: