1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wiring power to new Dyna 2000i Ing Module

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Captaincalf, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Captaincalf

Captaincalf Active Member

I can wire the Dyna 2000i up as shown in the attached pic, but can somebody splain to me what happens at the coil with the front cylinder post having +12V on it all the time??? Seems like the +12V wire is needed to power the ign module and allow the kill switch to work, but wouldn't it interfere with the firing signal from the module at the coil??? Seems like it would keep the plug on the front cylinder glowing all the time the motor is running, which can't be right can it?

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

don't think the front plug will keep fireing
  3. Captaincalf

That's right. Looks like white wire from the dyna ign is it's power wire and the white/Black wire from the kill switch/right controls provides the power to both coil and ign module and both are connected at the coil for the positive side and the purple wire from dyna ing module provides ground to coil to control to firing. With wasted spark both plugs fire at same time, so purple wire carries the signal from the ign to fire both plugs.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Sounds like you just answered you own question. Is it working for you or do you still looking for help on this?

D't forget with the Dyno 2ki it doesn't fire the pugs until it can determine at least 200 rpm. It delays the spark on startup to help the starter and helps prevent carb pharts. I'm 90% sure this is what I was told.
  5. Captaincalf

Yes, I've got it now & thanks!

1999 Bobber sorted - YouTube
  6. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Nice!

Thanks for the vid. Sounds good.
  7. Captaincalf

Welcome & thanks! Now I gotta go seat the rings;)