1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

wiring problem!!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bikergurl000, Jan 1, 2006.

1. bikergurl000

bikergurl000 New Member

i saw smoke from wiring when i reconnected the battery cable .. i changed rear signal lites and front signals also.. ive got my headlite working but no signal lites no starting , but i have brake lite and left rear signal lite is staying on what do you think i shorted out???
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

why did the wiring "smoke" when you reconnected the battery?? did you cure that problem?? if so, check all fuses, wiring harness for burn throughs, melted wiring, blown bulbs.....hope this helps a bit...
    chuck
  3. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Smoke Signals?

First off...what make,model,&year scooter are we talking about???
    Is a "load-equilizer"(provides correct amperage-draw to signal module)being used?.What type of connections did you use(solder-or-crimp/on)?.Get back to
    us...
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Disconnect what you changed, go back to stock and check it out, or re verify your installation, something is hooked up wrong or grounding.
  5. Harley Rider

Harley Rider New Member

Sorry! Hotroadking, But if Bikergurl000 saw much smoke there is no going back. :D
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Depends on what you let the smoke out of LOL

Might be wiring that is fried, could be something else.

Check fuses, see if something is blown, make sure things are grounded that should be and not grounded if it's not supposed to be.

One thing at a time, get a meter check the circuit.