1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

wobble at 80 mph

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by toddl, May 31, 2005.

1. toddl

toddl New Member

i have a o3 low rider i had the motor hop up to a 100 cid the bike runs like a animal here is the problem i change the front end american suspension and the front wheel to 21 in. when i crack the throttle all the power from the back wheel lifts my front end which i like but at highway speeds i get a wobble in the front 80 plus mph is there any way to correct this with out putting the sporster front end back on any thoughts would be app. thanks
  2. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam New Member

Wobbles feel as bad as they are not good... When you changed out your front end, did you keep an eye on the trail? Have you checked the fall-away? Steering head tight enough? Tire pressure good? Tire balanced?

I ain't a good wrench, so these are just the basics, but it's usually the basics that cause the biggest problems...
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

When you changed the front end out, did it come with a rake (ie: 3, 5, 7 degree, etc.) to the trees? if there was a rake and you didn't compensate for the trail as well, this could be the source of the problem. High speed wobbles are the source of "widow-makers". Get it checked out by a reputable builder / shop, and keep the speed at a minimum until then. Also may want to check out the spacers on the front axle. Make sure they're right for the wheel you're running.