1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Won't Idle Without Choke

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by flpops, Jul 3, 2008.

1. flpops

flpops New Member

I have an '06 1200 with an S&S carb. (it's a long story on how the S&S got put on) Anyway, it won't idle with the choke fully open. Any suggestions?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

can ya give a bit of history????
    recent work done?
    has it always been like this?
    good flow from tank to carb?
    all intake seals in good shape?

type of carb/ mod# e/g....ect?

the more info we get, the better info we can give you..............:)
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

most likely plugged or bad/wrong jet (no gogo juice) with the choke you are richining the mix (more gogo less air)and when you open it up it gets to lean(more air less gogo) I am sure art, ken, hrk, or the many others will chime in here shortly but you will need to let them know if there are any mods besides the s&s pipes style, air breather, which s&s is it was it running fine with this same configuration, or did it go belly up on you all of a sudden, does it get better when it is warmed or worse, what are the plugs telling you or have you pulled them yet, what octane of gas, and are any additives in it are you still on the gas from winter, so on so on and so on:D