1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Would like so expert advise on exhaust

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by lvthai, Jul 11, 2006.

1. lvthai

lvthai New Member

After reading this and other forums I am more confused than ever but now have a direction I think. I live in Singapore and just purchased a 2006 Road King Classic. I had the SE active exhaust system installed but have had issues from day one so am making a move to something different. I thought about either a Reinhart 2 into 1 with a Terminal Velocity II "Alpha N" Closed loop fuel management system or a Thunderheader with the Dyno Jet Power Commander PC III R USB. I like the look of the Kuryakyn Twin Velocity Plus Air Cleaner with either system. Can anyone enlighten me as to what if anything else I need and has anyone got a system like this and will or does it work well. As a point I would like to try cool my ride down some as 1 degree off the equator keeps it running warm. I am not into racing etc just cruising and making sure others know it's a Harley. Any info would be appreciated!!
  2. lvthai

lvthai New Member

Well part of the decision has been made. I will definately use the Terminal Velcity II fuel management system. I though that I had made up my mind about the exhaust with the Reinhart 2 into 1 system but someone threw a wrench into the mix and now have me thinking about the "True Dual Thunder" from Thunderheader. Seems that they have the low end perfomance glitch worked out and the sound is what I was looking for. Is anyone reading this running these pipes and if so how are they and what are they on? The A/C is still up in the air. I really like the looks of the Kuryakyn Twin Velocity Plus but can not get enuff information to determine if it is the right system for my needs. I will be putting on a Pro 1 oil cooler if I can get the fittings here. Seems that no one here wants to put it on the bike as all are worried about the leaks and extra points of failure. Not too sure why though. They don't even want to put the HD oil cooler on because of the added joints. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Love to be able to help ya, but I can only add I'd think you'd want to get the new pipes on before you upgrade your fuel/air flow. Those "True Duels" are nice, and should really fit your purposes, but get 'em on and your Kuryakyn Twin Velocity Plus before you tune your new fuel management system. When your done, head down to Raffle's and have Cohiba and a 'Sling for me!
  4. lvthai

lvthai New Member

"When your done, head down to Raffle's and have Cohiba and a 'Sling for me!"

Live right near there so will do! Love it when I have another excuse!!! Thanks for the input.
  5. lvthai

lvthai New Member

Just spent the day searching Singapore and finally found that there is a Dyno here and the guy seems to know his stuff. They also sell, set-up and service the Power Commander so finally a big load off my chest. Guess I will make another turn in my thought pattern and go with what I can get locally, both in knowledge and service. So the smart fuel delivery system is going to be a PC III USB. Now all I need to do is decide on the pipes. With information here and on other boards and some off the wall research I am leaning toward the Reinharts but not too sure if I should go with the "True Duals" or the "2 into 1". Does anyone have any information on both of these as to which seems to run better, cooler and have the best sound or will this be split between them. Currently running the SE stage 1 A/C.

By the way thanks for the input. I hope at some point I can contribute to a newbie also.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

7. lvthai

lvthai New Member

Red Rider Agreed that the 2 into 1 looks extremely good performance wise. Everything I have read about it is good and am sure the performance I am looking for would be there. I actually really like the looks of that 2 into 1 also. The only thing that keeps me going back to the true duals is the heat over here. I keep thinking that possibly the true duals will help her run a bit cooler. Some afternoons when I get into traffic it just gets really hot. The oil cooler will help some but when just sitting around not too much. Of course the extra oil that will be used to fill the system will help also.
    As for DP shipping overseas. The say no on the web site but I can get around that I think. Also some of the other harley guys here have ordered from there so must be other ways to "get er done".
    By the way had that "sling" for you and some peanuts. Don't smoke so the Cohiba was out. It was a good excuse to walk over to Raffles. With it so close you almost forget it's there.
    Thanks for the input.
  8. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

DP ships to APO/FPO addresses. I know this for fact (Had a part or 2 shipped to Germany this way!;) ). As to anything else, that would be between you, CD and/or Sam! :D
  9. lvthai

lvthai New Member

Now live in SE Asia and work in Singapore so no FPO/APO address. The web site says no international shipping but haved an address in the US so can have shipped there and re-sent here. Should be no issue just have to wait until next week to call them all to arrange.