1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Yost -Thieves

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by kenfuzed, Mar 12, 2008.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I was at a dealership who had a Drag Specialties book open on the counter. To my surprise there on the open page was a "New" part from Yost called an Air Idle Mixture Screw. This is a rip off of the EZ-Just that was originally produced by CD and Direct Parts.

Ironically when DS was approached to distribute the EZ-Just they said they were reducing carb parts and to go talk to Yost to have it packaged through them first. Guess its obvious now who's sleeping in each other's bed. What a bunch of A-Hole thieves!
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I SECOND THAT:angry:
  3. SK

SK New Member

I believe CD designed that. Wonder if he had any kind of patent?
  4. kenfuzed

Even with a patent fighting stuff like this is costly and rarely worth it. The best way to fight jerks like this are to hit them in the wallet, make sure everyone knows what their business ethics are all about and not buy their products.
  5. CD

CD Guest

A double edged sword

I have two trains of thought here.
    I designed and produced the EZ-Just screw in 1995 and sold more than 15 thousand of them before selling the rights to John. The packing kits were released in 2000-2001 and I sold many of those also. They say that copying is the fondest form of flattery. So, thanks Bob Yost I am honored that you feel it necessary to steal and copy my products. You must be running out of original ideas eh? Or is DynoJet still stealing most of your thunder?

I used to respect Yost products and sold a ton of them. However, he declined to directly incorporate my needle, fuel elbow and packing kit into his line of products buying them from Drag instead.

So, on one hand I feel honored that Yost felt the need to copy my products. On the other hand, it just proves how any good product is copied by those with not many scruples.

An interesting note, notice that the online book has no "Made in the USA" symbol by this product? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

screw em!!!!!!:mad: i got the real deal!!!:D
  7. kenfuzed

Funny you should mention those fuel elbows, because browsing the other Yost carb parts they are now selling "Hi-Flow Fuel Nipples" that look identical to the ones made by Direct Parts for years. As with the other parts, no "Made in the USA". Don't get me wrong, I don't constantly beat the 'USA' drum since there are good original products made all over the world. But thats probably the key word, ORIGINAL. In my book Yost has become the poster child for opportunistic posers who have caved to the Walmarts of the world.
  8. fujimo

fujimo New Member

carbs

C.d.,,have you ever put carb on injected bike,,,was looking at doing in next few weeks,,,why do i have to put a roadking wireing harness on,,, pops
  9. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Undoubtedly made by the hippie pinko Chicoms and their lackys and slaves! :gah: