1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

04 Road King Suspension?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by tricklidz, May 12, 2004.

1. tricklidz

tricklidz New Member

Hello All,
    I'm new here and I already have a "easy" (I hope) question.
    How do I add air to the rear shocks and what is the max. psi?
    Please don't say "Check the owners manual!" I don't have one.
    Thanks,
    Tricklidz
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

You add the air by removing the left saddle bag. Once the bag is removed you'll be able to see the valve for the air. Now keep in mind to ONLY use a bicycle pump, or Harley makes a small hand held pump,( item #HD-34633). Never exceed 35psi or you will blow out the components. Here is the amount of air pressure you should use for the amount of weight on the bike. Solo rider:0-150 LB'S=0psi. Solo rider: 150-200 LB'S=0-10psi. Solo rider: 200-250 LB'S=5-15psi. Rider with passenger: up to 150 LB'S=10-15psi. Rider with passenger: up to 200LB'S=20-35psi. Once you have put the right amount of pressure in the shock re-install the saddle bags. Ride Safe David.
  3. tricklidz

tricklidz New Member

Thank you very much, David.