1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

06 XL883L Needs new front end. Springer or Hydraulic ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by mitchcole56, Apr 17, 2012.

1. mitchcole56

mitchcole56 New Member

I have an 06 XL883L that had the front end trashed. I rebuilt it using a standard sporty fork ( brake side ) and a wide glide fork on the other. I want to put matching forks or a springer front end on the bike. Opinions on ride, install on the springer, etc. Thanks !!!
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

MC56 it's been way to long for me on a springer, I here there a lot better now adays :D But the stock front end should give you a good ride , If your old front end was trashed hows the neck & frame ?
  3. mitchcole56

mitchcole56 New Member

Neck and frame are fine. One fork was bent the other ok. The wheel was bent severely and has been replaced as has the tire and tube. It's been a " Frankenbike" project, but thus far inexpensive and a lot of fun. The bike rides great. Took it to Bike Week in Daytona from Savannah, Ga. Rode straight and true.
  4. cowboy

Ya a ride like that will let ya know if its out of wack , I would check all the C list around your area say with in 100 miles or so , front ends come come up more then you think , mototcycles , then harley & start reading :D
  5. mitchcole56

mitchcole56 New Member

Hey Cowboy. Thanks for the tip. I found a front end for my Sporty from a Sporty of the same year. Its stock. Triple tree, forks, sliders, brake, disk, wheel and tire. Has less than 5K mileage. The guy is going to put a custom built front end on his bike and is selling this one. Again, thanks for the guidance. I'll try to remember to post a pic when she's completed.
  6. cowboy

Good deal glad we could help
    & we like pics here so get them up lol