1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

07 Bike Talk Ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 13, 2006.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well the wife said if there is a ride next year she wants to go :) and ride her trike.
  2. SK

SK New Member

We gotta do a ride next year as I missed having one this year. One of these years we need to stay at the N.Rim of the Grand Canyon..though I think you have to reserve more than a year in advance. Kanab would be nice again..especially if that Mexican restaurant on the east side of town is still as good.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have a great idea for the 07 bike talk ride. Lets all go to Sturgis, ride the country side and help Sleepy celebrate his last days of freedom. :D What a party that would be. :eek:
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'd love to get together again for a ride. I know I had some stuff going on this year but I really missed the trip. I know June and I are looking for an Alaskan cruise for a honeymoon but when that happens isn't cast in stone. She's not great for putting on big miles in one day but kanab doesn't sound too bad..the Grand Canyon sounds ok too....
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

:biker: :cheers: :drunk::puke: :cheers: cool

just thought it would be fun to use the Icons and write a line, "i was bored"

OOPs forgot you could only use 5 Icons so now its a short story
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I'd hate to sound like a *****, but it's quite a distance for me to ride by myself. If I can find someone to make the trip with I'd be happy to go. Sorry if I sound like a little wuss, but it is 1700 miles one way. It would take 3 - 3-1/2 days to go one way, I just did a map quest. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

well hate to tell ya man but it's 1300 miles before I can shut it down. Not calling you a wuss but it would tke me 2 days to cross my state at that rate. Need to hammer down dude.:D
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Ok, Ok, so I gotta pull up my skirt and go faster.....I knew someone would call me a wuss! :roflmao: I would also need to get the extra time off of work too. Being the "boss" ain't all it's cracked up to be anymore.....we'll see how it goes.
  9. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

yeaH 1300 OR SO(come on Voodoochild)

One of our trips goes alot like the folowing;
    I/we go about 1300- 1400... to FLA. straight through
    ( I really don't care about no silly patches no offense...I have done it for years..I do it for me(because I can) and that is enough...I know)
    We stop for the first tank 150 miles and get right back on.
    Second tank (now300 miles stretch and chill for about twenty minutes
    Third tank-may a light meal(now 450 miles into it)
    Fourth tank 600 miles into it better hang for a bit but not too long gonna be getting dark soon enough.
    Fifth tank- 750 miles almost there two more tanks..usually take a RED BULL and two aleve about then( a great mix) feel good as new in about 15 minutes or so and the 6 tank(900 miles..come on dude we are alomost there lets go!!!!
    1050 dang we did it again nice...only gotta go a sunrise ride the rest of the way.
    Shoot like I said before we rode on a whim to KC 782 on a Friday night just to hang out until Mondayd HD tour. then headed to PA for the HD plant then back to OH. you'd be surprised voodoochild what ya can do if ya hook up and keep rollin' out west though thegas stations could more frequent stops so as not to wind up along side the road ...:rolleyes: we won't tlak about that. Sturgis is ok..but last year 800,000 people? I lived out there for 5 years and enjoyed the Rats hole when it was just a hole the other 51 weeks of the year(LOL) plus the roads are all mine then. no big lines to Gamble in Deadwood or Keystone either. I enjoy the bonding..but I thnk the ride is for me...wlaking around with no place to even take a crap without an audience and wating on beers...Ahhhh that is ok....But I am up for a ride anywhere...I don't care if end up in a back yard drinking beers and checking out the local strippers for an evening then head somewhere else and do the whole thing again. might that be a good idea? If I show up ya put me up or point to the nearest place to tent (or hotel) and then hang out for a day then head on together to the next town ya make a big enough circle we all end up home....pick a few up and lose a few starting "1/2 around the way"....:cool:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007