1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

07 hd screming eagle road king 110 cc

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jasper j, Dec 9, 2006.

1. jasper j

jasper j New Member

hi everyone i gutted out 4ins mufflers installed city thunder baffles in pipes before muffler for back pressure not satisfied with sound sound is high pich not deep sounding does anyone have a fix cant find 4in dia baffler thanks jasper j kaymclain@bellsouth.net
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hey Jasper, moved your question here (Tech Talk) so it would get noticed.

I've run those Thunder Monsters for a while and they were just alright. They are really nothing more than a steel tube with a suspended washer... hardly a breakthrough in baffle technology. They are certainly loud and raspy though, but not as deep sounding as promised. I'm in the middle of experimenting with my own design that I hope will be much better. If it works out I might start making them for others.
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I run those thunder monsters in my S/E double barrel pipes. They are loud as hell but very deep and throaty. I installed them as far to the back as possible for the deepest tone. Don't know if this helps you at all, just my 2 cents. I've actually been complimented on the deep tone. My pipes are very long, come all the way to the back of rear fork, are your pipes short or long? the shorter the pipe, the higher the pitch I always thought. Of course I could be wrong, which I often am.
  4. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

HEY MAN, I WAS ABOUT TO DO THE SAME THING, I HAVE SAME BIKE, RKSE, I RUN THE BIG CITY THUNDER BAFFLES IN MY 04 LOW RIDER BUT HAVE V&H BIG RADIUS PIPES AND LIKE VOODOO SAID THE FURTHER IN THE PIPE THE BETTER THEY SOUND, EVEN IN THE BIG RADIUS THEY ARE NOT AS DEEP AS I WANTED BUT WHAT THEY DONE FOR THE LOW AND MID RANGE WAS WORTH IT. CAN U TELL ANY DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE WITH THE BIG CITY BAFFELS? HOW DO U LIKE THE RKSE 110? I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG U HAVE HAD OR HOW MANY MILES U HAVE PUT ON IT BUT FORGET ABOUT 6TH GEAR UNTIL 70+ MPH:cheers:
  5. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Jasper...if you want to keep that big 4" stock looking exhaust yet have excellent sound and performance, I recommend you send your stock pipes off to fullsac performance ( http://www.fullsac.com/ )

Check out their recoring jobs here: http://www.fullsac.com/products_exhaust_recored.htm

I know of several people who have done this modification and love it....as a matter of fact, I don't think I've heard anyone who's done it and didn't like it. I sold my big stockers to a guy who had this mod done and he loves it. Says the sound is a throaty deep rumble without being tinny or overbearing for long hauls on the interstate.
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I know a guy who has both that muffler modification and the Fullsac true dual kit. Sounds great and he swears by the seat-of-his-pants power gain.
  7. jasper j

jasper j New Member

heat sheilds that cover all the stock bluing pipes

hi everbody got all my pipes back on the spraded them with high temp sliver didnt work still see old disscolerd pipes heat shields on stock bike dont cover all the pipes do the make a full covering shield for 07 se king yet or to new looks like poker a 220 degree shield holidays everthing closed till after new year probley just need to bite the bullet and buy a set of none bluing headers and forget home made idea thanks again jasper j ps happy new year everybody
  8. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Jasper, there is no such thing as a "non-bluing" header. All headers will discolor, period. That is why virtually every pipe system made, excluding 'drag pipes', come with heat shields.

As I told you by PM, if you want to stay with the large diameter stock like pipes, and have good quality 220* heat shields, I believe your ONLY option is the Vance and Hines true duals. There are other brands of headers, but to my knowlege, they are designed to work with their own matching mufflers; whereas the V&H headers, use a standard size pipe to accept virtually any slip on type exhaust.
  9. jasper j

jasper j New Member

header pipes

seahag when i read this e mail it jared my brain now i remmber you already told me about vance n hines headers i turned 64 3 days ago memorey is as short as my ///// i can hear what people tell me in one ear and the other my dad said this would happen long ago its come true damn i hate it iam ordering v h pipes today thanks seahag happy new year jasper j