1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

07 Rk Screamin Eagle, Exhaust

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by DKIN21, Oct 2, 2006.

1. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

OK GUYS HELP, I KNOW THE 110 IS NEW BUT NEED TO PUT SOME NOISE IN THE PIPES, CAN'T STAND THE SILENCE OF STOCK PIPES. WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO SLIP ONS? TRUE DUALS?, FEELS LIKE THIS 110 IS GOING TO HAVE PLENTY OF LOW END (ONCE I GET IT BROKEN IN) I HAVE TWISTED THE GRIP A TIME OR TO (FOR A SHORT BURST) HIT TRIPLE DIGIT IN A HURRY, DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP LOW TO MID RANGE BUT WANT A GOOD SOUND
    WHICH WAY?? WILL MORE THAN LIKLEY USE THE V&H FUEL PACK, ITS SEEMS TO WORK BETTER THAN HARLEY'S REMAP.

DKIN
    LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD:confused:
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

more info

Well, first we need a bit more info.... what bike to you have? "I" personally prefer true duals on baggers and big cruisers.... but that is just me. by the way, wish I could AFFORD to get true duals!!! still stock headers on my bike. That would even out the heat and exhaust flow of both jugs. Some people prefere the 2 pipes on one side (like softtail and such), then there is the 2 into 1..... my understanding is that this will MAX the power available (power chamber and all that other stuff that I don't know much about except what I have picked up here), so if you are looking for preformance, THIS is the way to go. If you are going for looks, just about any good slip on will work. Go to local "motorcycle/HD night" at the local watering hole....listen to pipes, ask what they have on their bike if you like the sound! Good luck! Enjoy that SE 110!!! They sound like a LOT of fun!
    Nurse
  3. CD

CD Guest

You're currently limited in choices. The new primary, starter, floor board mounts and trannny end cover dictate a new true dual header design.

So, the choices are limited to slip on mufflers right now.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

FWIW and IMHO and WTFDIK

Like CD said just slip ons right now I'd ride it and not worry about it for a while wait until new header designs come out.

For the money the V&H true duals are a good deal and you can run any muffler.

Also you'll reduce the under seat heat with the true duals and a little tuning to the EFI, nobody has reported how an 07 will respond to an AC change and pipes, normally that would lean a motor out, however having an 02 sensor the ECM should adjust (JMO) and keep you at the factory setting which is lean anyway.

At some point a race tuner or some tuning device would allow you to add fuel and cool the motor off and get it running a bit stronger as well.
  5. CD

CD Guest

Speaking of the O2 sensors on the '07 and '06 FXD, did you know that technically the system is not a fully closed loop? The O2 sensors are narrow band, not wide band. The ECU only operates in closed loop after warm up and goes into open loop, fixed MAP under WOT or high load conditions. A big leap forward? Not exactly.

The Terry Components TVII has been working nicely and the PCII-USB is lagging behind with still no official MAPS for the '07 models. For the PCIII-USB, you will most likely need to take it to an approved tuning center.
  6. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

07 Screamin Eagle Exhaust

I Know The Pipes Are Noy Out Yet For The 07's, I'm In No Big Hurry May Even Wait Til Next Year (early Spring) Before Doing Anything Just Wanted To Know What Everyone Else Thought, Can Get Some Good Info And Ideas Here, This Is Where I Found Out About The Thunder Monster Baffles I Install On My 04 Lowrider Which Has V&h Big Radius. I Just Want A Good Sound And Not Hurt The Performance Of The 110. Evetone Have A Good, Leaving For The Myrtle Beach Rally In A Couple Hours.

Dkin
    Live Easy, Ride Hard
  7. ZZTejas69

ZZTejas69 New Member

Pipes

I would go with a D&D Fatcat 2 into 1 header, or V&H Propipe to really wake up your scoot. I dislike the Thunderheader, always blues, looks ugly! If yur not into that look a buddy of mine has the Rheinhart true duals that look and sound good. Loud when you get on it, but not too loud if mamma rides. I have an 02 RK with massaged heads, 95 kit with KB pistons, and the D&D 2 into 1 making 90hp/ 95Ft lbs. torque with the Power Commander III. This is my second Power Commander and the choices are endless with this system. Had a custom map made for my application instead of gettin close with maps on forums. My bagger is not a hotrod, but will smoke the new 96 HDs. This is just my experience, Im not tryin to be a know it all.
  8. jasper j

jasper j New Member

07 sc eagel rd king low speed surge

hi i have the same bike i made true duels very simple take off h pipe cross over pipe cut pipe into plug cross over pipe with a freezeplug this will make duels cost 10.00 to 15.00 the only thing about this is the factory pipes the heat shields dont wrap around pipes a full 220 degree wrap and shows some part of factory ex pipe i dont know why such a high dollar bike and they dont come with a 220 heat shield wrap to keep blue ex from showing i cut baffles out of mufflers installed thunder monster baffles in front of mufflers cant find 4ins baffles to fit in mufflers check out fullsac .com they take your 4ins mufflers and put good sounding baffles in your mufflers 199.00 or they will buy your mufflers hope this helps some have a good one jasper j