1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

07 sc eagle 110 cc low speed surge

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jasper j, Dec 14, 2006.

1. jasper j

jasper j New Member

hi igot my bike dynoed yesterday three nuns 1st run 80.91 max power max torque 87.57 2 run max power83.78 max torque 101.50 3 run max power 82.92 max torque 101.05 not much hp gain but nice torque gain hanns performance did it here in jasper ala he said there is a problem at low speed serge back and forth no fix hd people they said they didnt know why and if he figured it out to let them know what a hell of a answer by a high dollar bike and not a fix also a whiney trany other than this bike is awesome jasper j
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

all the 6 speeds have a noise.....no way to get rid of it. it is caused by the cut of the gears. hd has made the gear train a bit stronger....all gears except 5th are helical cut....5th is straight. hope this helps a bit
    chuck
  3. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

You Should Be Getting A Letter From Hd, Its Telling U To Take Bike To Dealer They Have New Down Load To Fix This Problem. The Download For The 110's Will Be Out After The First Of The Year.
  4. jasper j

jasper j New Member

07 sc eagel rd king low speed surge

thanks for info. figuered hd would have a fix soon i am sure other bikes had same problem not just mine thanks again jasper j
  5. Seahag

Seahag New Member

That is really pathetic numbers from a 110 cubic inch motor. Have you done the air cleaner and freer flowing exhaust mods yet? If you combine those mods with a proper tuning using a power commander or screaming eagle race tuner module (for your EFI and spark tuning) you should easily see horspower over 100 and torque in excess of 110 I'd expect.

I haven't ridden an 07 model yet, but I have to wonder if its the lack of gear whine in the other gears that makes riders detect the difference in 5th gear??? The new six speed trannies incorporate helical cut gears for 2nd,3rd,4th, and 6th gears. They are quieter running and engage more surface area, making them capable of handling more torque load.

The 1st gear was left as a straight cut gear to make engagement from neutral easier (so I've read), but I don't know why 5th gear is not helical. Anyway I wonder if its not the lack of noise in all those other gears, that makes 5th seem loud??:confused:

Another thing I've never understood is if 5th gear in the new trannies is the same type of straight cut gear the Pre-07 models have, why don't I detect any noise in my bike in 5th gear?