1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

07 SE pipes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 19, 2006.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if anyone can tell me or not but the new SE Ultras have a 4 1/2 muffler on them. The aftermarket pipes are all 3 1/2 mufflers is there a big difference or are the aftermarket mufflers OK?

I like the Vance and Hines ovals. Looked at the Rinehart's and they bark just a bit to much.
  2. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

I'M TRING TO FIND OUT THE SAME THING, I HAVE 07 ROAD KING SE, THE P
    IPES ON MINE ARE 4" I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE V&H CLASSIC THEY ARE 4" BUT ONLY HAVE THE TWO BAFFELS TO CHOOSE FROM. CHECK THIS WEBSITE OUt, www.efiflex.com THEN CLICK ON RUSH MOTORCYCLE MUFFLERS. THEY ARE SLIP ONS BUT THEY OFFER 4 DIFFERENT BAFFELS AND THEY ARE 4" DIA. LIKE THE ONES ON MY RK SE. THINK THIS IS THE WAY I'M GOING, THEN INSTALL THE V&H FUEL PAK OR THE POWER COMMANDER.

LIVE EASY RIDE HARD:biker:
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I was at a Harley dealer the other day and the parts guy told me the new ultras can't use the prior version V&H oval mufflers. They had some new SE mufflers on display which look HUGE! I'd check with V&H as they may have a new mount for the 2007 models.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i believe the old v&h mufflers wont work because of the new bungs in the new exhaust systems.....if the older pipes are reworked with the bungs, they would probably work....but then ya have the cost of rechrome, bung install...not worth the time or effort....the also woldnt meet epa standards
    chuck