1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

'07 Sheetmetal on an '04

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by dukeofdirt, Dec 12, 2007.

1. dukeofdirt

dukeofdirt New Member

Guys,
    I've found a brand new tank/fenders/side covers set off an '07 Roadking that
    I'd like to install on my '04 Roadking. These were removed at the dealer
    before delivery. These are from a fuel injected bike and mine is a carb. Will
    that be a major issue? Any other landmines I might encounter? As always,
    THANKS in advance!
    Ron
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

First of all you need a fuel petcock, the EFI has an outlet for an EFI fitting, check with Zippers Performance they have some fittings that convert efi tanks to carb tanks.

As far as fit to the frame I don't believe any changes were made to the frame or mounting points for the fenders or tanks until 08 where they went to a 6 gal tank and throttle by wire system.

I'd check with a HD parts counter see if the PN for the 07 and the 04 are the same for a fender and tank, or, it should be in paint section of the HD parts catalog you get look under the custom paint section if it says a set would fit 04 to 07 you could presume that the new set would fit, once you fix the petcock issue.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ditto..........:)
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I'll go along with HRK on this :cool:
  5. dukeofdirt

dukeofdirt New Member

Thanks y'all...Harley Big Book lists paintsets for '03-'07 Roadkings as the
    same number...GREAT IDEA! Will check out the petcock conversion as
    suggested. I appreciate the help.
    Ron