1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

07 streetglide exhaust

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by madcatter, Apr 28, 2007.

1. madcatter

madcatter New Member

I am considering the rinehart true dual exhaust, my question is what do I have to do or have done (if anything) other than bolt them up?
    Motor is 96" with screamin eagle air intake and the screaming eagle stage 1 race kit tuner
    what do I need to check after install? Thanks for the info :)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

You will need to adjust the mapping since both the air cleaner and free flowing exhaust will make the engine run leaner than it already was stock from the factory.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ken said it all except if you don't do this it will shorten the engine life real quick:eek:
    :cool:
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I wish the motorcompany would start using closed-loop O2 sensor systems like on cars and trucks. This would eliminate the need for messing with maps after every little change. Of course there's the aftermarket closed-loops but that will run you some serious ca$h!
  5. madcatter

madcatter New Member

is that something i can do.the race tuner comes with a cd/terminal thing.
    would harley do it and still honor warranty?
  6. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Actually I thought the 07's are closed loop......it just can't compensate for too many changes.

Here is what I think will happen soon. Just like when you buy hi flow intakes and blowers for Mustangs and the like, the aftermarket companies invent cheater devices that fake out the engine controller, such as, different throttle position sensors, or fuel pressure regulators that go along with the hi flow exhaust pipes and intakes. With these devices you won't have to re-map anything.

There are tons of things you can bolt onto cars for more power and you don't have to re-map or re-dyno those all the time. Unless, of course, you get real crazy with all the changes.
  7. Nightrian

Nightrian New Member

Madcatter...

The Rinehart exhaust is a GREAT choice for your ride!

You WILL need to adjust your air/fuel ratio to keep from hurting your motor.
    The "Race Tuner" from HD is one choice, but there is another.
    The Power Commander from Dyno-Jet is a much more cost effective choice. It retails for about $350.00, but shop around for the best price. Look on Dyno-Jet's web site for a local shop with a dyno. They have the ability to tune your bike under real world conditions with a computerized dyno program.
    Shops in my area charge around $250.00 to build a custom map for a bike.

You get a GREAT running bike for around $600.00. The Race Tuner costs more to tune (4-6 hours dyno time!) and more to purchase.

Hope this helps!

J
  8. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Couple things I might add will help.I put on a set Of vance & Hines long shot duels and put the screaming Eagle stage 1 air cleaner kit on it.I used the Vance & Hines Fuel pak and map for it too.

I have an issue with the side cover on left side not wanting to come off ,where the pipe fits too tight next to the side cover,(you would think Dealer would have noticed after installing pipes),but no mention of it until I was messing around with it and could not get left side cover off...lol...still trying to figure that out.

I was told that you must change the fuel flow after putting on duels and stage 1 filter kits or you will shorten life of your motor.But its woth it after all is done.Sounds and runs much better.:D
  9. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

Hdtractor1, I Run V&h Big Shot Duels Have Same Problem On Left Side With The Cover, The Fit Is So Close It Barley Touches The Side Cover But Have Had No Problems, I Did Run The Fuel Pak As Well But Changed To Pciii Runs Better And A Little Bit Cooler. Fuel Mileage Dropped From 48 To 51 To 46 To 48. Wanted To Run Thunder Max Zipper But They Don't Fit V&h To Good, There 02 Sensors Are Longer And Will Get Into Top Of Tranny Cover. Can't Have Scrathes On The Chrome.

Dkin21

Live Easy, Ride Hard
  10. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Thanks for the reply Dkin.....I may switch over to the pclll I read about it but V&H and the dealer talked me into the fuel pak.I had a oil cooler put on mine when it arrived in the dealer.My 07 Roadking ran hot with the V&H fuel pak too after I put the V&H fuel pak on it,so I got smart with an oil cooler on the Glide...lol...
    Will try the cover some more and put more pressure on it since its so close,I was afraid of busting the cover.
    Ride often and stay safe.