1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

08 SERT tuner any good

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Apr 28, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I'm tossing the idea around of going with a sert for my 08 Street Glide. Has anyone used this product and how well did it work? It is between this and the Tmax which isn't out yet. How easily was it to adjust setpoints on the map. I've never worked with mapping so this is all new to me. Any info will help.
  2. jwetovick

jwetovick New Member

I actually just went with one on my 04 Road King two weeks ago and it seems to run quite well. I can't say I put it on myself so not sure on the mapping. I think its a good buy if you ever plan on doing anything more to the motor. I had some pre ignition before putting this on and it seems to have cleared that up. I have a stage II kit and tried a FuelPak, bad mistake! Had it on for 3k miles and sold it on ebay. Good luck!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

HD no longer sells the SERT as we knew it

They sell the supertuner FWIW I've heard it's not that great but I haven't used it

The company that built the SERT is called MASTERTUNE and they have greatly improved the old SERT package under their inhouse name. They also do GM tuners etc so they know Delphi.

If it were me and I wanted to do my own tuning then I'd lean to the TTS Mastertune

The Mastertune has the software that learns the VE settings (Volumetric Efficiency) which must first be set before you setup AFR.

The only issue with self tuners is you usually dont' get into the ignition timing tables as a self tuner, you can. But you need to know your stuff.

If you can wait the Zippers TMax is good, it will auto tune if you get the module for that feature.
  4. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I returned the SEST for a full refund. I figured they would give me crap but the box was still sealed. I'm just waiting for the Thunder Max to come out and will get that. I sometimes jump the gun.