1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1 st ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by 1988flhtc in nfld, Apr 26, 2009.

1. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

got my 1st ride this season, nice 17 canadian degrees above 0 .haha. the old girl runs awseome with her mods. rings, andrews 27 cam, jetting to go along with thehypercharger and thunder header works nice .no farts burps, or backfires .seems to acc. clean.500 mile breakin and i can really giv her a rally. the klokwerks flare winshield worked out just fine ,glad i got it .later guys gotta grab some bacon n toast and im gon again, burnt my facered yesterday, ride on .
  2. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Storms Comin

Make it quick -- major system heading your way. It went through Ontario last night major down pours and hail should hit east coast for tues sometime SORRY:cussing:
  3. 1988flhtc in nfld

hey blue peral, if thats your real name,ha ha.ya i got out today got caught in some heavy rain after lunch, good thing i was headin home any way.but ill be ridin in it all week ,waited all winter for ridin little rain wont stop me. what part of ont. are you from? ride on.
  4. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

I'm in Tecumseh Ontario just outside of Windsor which is right across from Detroit Michigan. We are the most southerly county in Canada we are at 81'F right now at 8 pm est time and I wish it was still winter because I can't ride right now:angry: :angry: :angry: dam pinched nerves!!:wtf:

Picked the BluePearl name from paint colour of my last HD "Sinister Bluepearl" it was a 95th anniversary colour on my 98 lowrider -- very cool pearl colour or color for our American friends !!
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad ya got some riding in!!!!!!!!!! stay safe and have fun!!!!!!!!
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Snowin' here in Calgary....what a year this has been.
  7. 1988flhtc in nfld

hey tecumseh, i know windsor a little.couple a years ago , worked on theexpansion at chrysler. stayed th blue haven in amherstberg. used to sit after work have a beer listen to the harleys, and watch the lakers go by,and the detroit skyline. didnt feel like sittin in motels in the city, bit of a country boy.guess people in windsor got their fingers crossed. later.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

snowing man it was 80degree here today
  9. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Good to hear you're liking your newly freshened up ride. Hit 20C Saturday (roughly 72*F) here in the Cape, right on the freezing mark this AM:cussing: but I'm biking to work anyway,just hope it doesn't start raining.
  10. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Big 3 town

Word is that plant you were at is going to be making Fiat's instead of minivans it's 1 of 2 Big 3 plants we have left in Windsor. GM closed 1 Ford closed 3 Chrysler dropped a shift at van plant
    Almost time to roll up the sidewalks! Last one out don't forget the lights!!
  11. 1988flhtc in nfld

holy smokes, freeze the balls off a brass monkey today. 8am frost everywhere,just got home 330 pm still freezin. was gonna put some miles on for break in , just too cccold. im takin the oldgirl again tomorror, unless its a snowstorm. later .p.s. rode her sat, felt real good , sun gauges started trippin, hazzard lights blinkin , deck comes n goes, figurin i got a loose connection in a dash plug some where , almost feels like it influences performance. gonna check it out tomorrow , seems the plug is getting looser, symtoms last longer, then back to normal. oh well cross my fingers. later cats.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009