1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

100" Rev-Tech Compression Releases Needed

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by trooper2481, Aug 9, 2004.

1. trooper2481

trooper2481 New Member

Sorry I posted this question in the Trivia Section, I'm new to the site. I'm in dire need of a set of 12mm. Rev-Tech 100"motor compression releases. I have two 100" Rev-Tech motors, one with releases and one without. The "older" 100" with the releases starts great while the "newer" 100" is factory drilled for the releases, but are plugged. Custom Chrome, the importer of the Rev-Tech motors stated the "newer" motors have a different cam and the compression releases are not recommended, BUT I'm on my second high torque starter. The timing is right on so I thiunk I need the compression releases. I've tried to buy them from J&P Cycles, but they're on back order for 8 months. All the other Catalogs offer 10mm or 14mm, but no 12mm for Rev-Tec motors. Can anyone tell me where to buy them??
    Help. trooper2481
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you e-mailed or PM'd CD here?

Direct Parts might be able to help,

I don't know the specs but HD has a set that is very similar to those I've seen on most aftermarket motors. If they are the same thread MM then you'd be good to go just have to check with all the dealers around.
  3. zentar

zentar New Member

100'' Rev-Teck

I have the same Rev-Teck I only us the front one. Hold down the front one with one finger when the bicke starts let off. This workes grate. Still using the same starter for the second year no problems. Just plug the other hole
  4. trooper2481

trooper2481 New Member

Size of Rev-Tech compression release

Do you know if the Rev Techs have a 12mm or 10 mm compression release ? I thought they were 12mm. trooper2481
  5. dutch

dutch New Member

compression

I have had this same thing happen with customer bikes and found that the solenoid contacts and related parts had not been installed properly. This was true of the original as well as the replacement starters so it maybe worth a look could save you some money. Dutch
  6. CD

CD Guest

7. kustombarbie

kustombarbie New Member

compression releases

hey, the compression releases for the revtech engine are 12mm, they were originally using 10mm releases with adaptors. The releases are still available from just about any performance supplier. The problem is the adaptors are hard to locate. I own a shop and am having a hard time finding them. I have a couple of feelers out there and if I find any more info on them I will let you know. good luck
  8. James Dean

James Dean New Member

Compression release adaptors for RevTech 100"

I make adaptors so that you can use Jim's 10mm compression release valves on the 12mm second port of the RevTech motor. You can see them on my site www.jamesdeancreations.com under CUSTOM BILLET PARTS. No motor disassembly is needed. All you have to do is slide the push rod tubes out of the way for clearance. They can be installed in about 20 to 30 minutes with just a few common tools. You can get the adaptors thru me if you've already purchased the compression release valves thru Direct Parts or I can supply them both. I hope this helps all of you with the same problem I had.

James Dean
  9. BobWire

BobWire New Member

I Have A Set

I bought a set from vulcan engineering thru ebay, They have machined stainless steel compression releases for the 100cu in REVTECH motor at the follwing link

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  10. mavrick1932

mavrick1932 New Member

Compression releases

I would like to jump in here on this thread. Has anyone had experience with the new SPYKE compression releases built into a spark plug adapter? I have a custom 104 in high compression motor that is stalling the starter. I am going to have to do something before it frys the starter and I would like to avoid machining the heads.
  11. Fossilhog

Fossilhog New Member

Compression releases

OK I went thru this......got my Rev Tech 100 installed at Creativecycles.com in Wall twsp 2 yrs ago. The owner called the manufacturer and they said the releases were not needed becasue of the EV38 cam....anyhow I got them from Vulcan Engineering in New England.......12mm...work like a charm.

Tim in Howell N.J.
  12. BobWire

BobWire New Member

I Bought Conpression Releases

I bought my compression releases thru ebay, Vulcanworks a engineering company out of New Hampsire they have quite an assortment and they are very familiar with revtech motors.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2005
  13. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Releases

I have also installed these on a 100" Revtech that supposedly didn't need them and they cleared up all of the starting issues. I ordered them through the local indy guy for about $99.00.