1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

100 Year Old Harley Rider's Special Birthday

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 10, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Our HOG chapter had a surprise birthday party for a 100 year old Harley Rider today. He had no idea what was in store for him. The nursing home told him that they had a special birthday for him. They drove him to the Harley dealership and walked him in through service. He came into a room full of Harley riders who welcomed him and sang happy birthday. You talk about shocked but his face brightened with a big broad smile. Yea, no wheel chair for this guy. He started riding Harley's at an early age. His first Harley was a sidecar but the sidecar quickly came off. I don't know when he stopped riding but he still understands all the basics. I got to tell yea, when he saw one of the ladies wiggling around he really perked up. So even at 100 years old the old guy still has not forgotten the ladies. :D After the birthday party with cake we packed him up in some riding gear. Even though its around 35F out they put him on a trike back seat and the owner took him off for a ride followed by many chapter members on there bikes. The dealership owner was there dressed as Santa, was a good day.

Attached Files:

2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

that's great
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that's a true rider cool thanks for sharing
  4. olbill

olbill Active Member

You did good Marc that really made my Christmas this year Three ata boy's for Don Cohen.

OLBill
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that cool story.
  6. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Man, What a great thing to do. You guys are Santa's Helpers. God Bless
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Man that is GREAT! Good deed guys! Brought a tear to my eye. Reminded me of my Dad and how much he loved riding his Harley's when he was young. He would sometimes jump on a customers (service station owner) Electra and take off for a while.
    :cheers:
  8. charlie46

You may not remember...Once he took Uncle Willie's Electra Glide to the diner at Willis and Jerico for coffee and dumped it coming out of their lot onto Jerico. Coffe all over inside of saddle bag. Not too bad..until Mom found out, OUCH!!:roflmao::fight:
  9. charlie46

Also: He rode my first Honda(they dellivered it to the house before I got home from work) Before I did. 'Said it was really smooooth'. Ha , saw that chrome,he had no choice.:cool:
  10. charlie46

Come on. Let's hear some stories from you guys about yer Old Man's rides.:devil:
  11. Fatboy128

Who was that guy who also rode and EG, blue one, that he used to jump on? I can still see they guys face but can't remember his name. He probably was in his 30's at the time. Dad really missed riding.
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good job mark!!! hats of to you and your chapter!!!!
  13. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

You wanted stories Charlie? Unfortunately, my dad died when he was only 79. But my gramp made it to 98 and grandma was 99 (the ladies always outlive us). He was a blacksmith from the old country (Italy), and was still smithing when he was 90.

He had an old '42 WL that he "rescued" from some Army base in Sicely that had disposed of it when it caught a German round through the motor. He fixed it back up using parts he MADE himself, and kept it for many years.

After the war, he came to America with my grandma and my parents, with the only thing he valued--that old Harley. He rode it into his 80's, taking my grandma for rides in the country until grandma made him get rid of it. The neat thing I remember was that he said he never bought a single part for it, only making his own parts when it broke. My gramp was just a blacksmith, but everyone thought he was a genius.
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Wow, thats incredible. It's to bad he didn't think to keep it then pass it down to you. :D
  15. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

When I was a young-un, I thought it was a dinosaur that needed burial. I never understood how much he loved it. Kick me hard! Wisdom didn't come till much later, and even now I wonder.......
  16. Fatboy128

Wow, Great story Alex!
  17. charlie46

Terriffic ATD !! I gotta admit,I was in my 40's before I started to realize what stories older people had to tell and what real experiences they had in their lives. Your Gramps is the perfect example.
  18. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Great story Alex.
  19. Fatboy128

Hell I was 5 when I had to start listening to "older people" stories. Charlie46 wouldn't stop talking!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. charlie46

=Fatboy128;116072]Hell I was 5 when I had to start listening to "older people" stories. Charlie46 wouldn't stop talking!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

:wtf::roflmao: