1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Man Please !

I worked outside all day today and was mosely in the sun, It was 100* today in Livingston, Tx.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

same here, but i had enough sense to get into the shade......lol lol lol

a heat stroke is not worth any amount of money!!!!!! be careful!!!!!
  3. cardboard

We put the top end back together on a 351 Windsor motor that was in a Wellcraft boat 1977 model. Nearly got it finished. The lower unit had to have a service , water pump and the works. Had to sifon about 30 gallons of gas out that was like 4 yrs old too.
    The boat was in a cow pasture so we had no place to go. We took 2 picnic umbrellas that helped a little.
    When you picked up a wrench or rachet or socket that was laying in the sun, it burn't yer hand. It was HOT !
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

it's been over 100 here for over a week now , just this past two days have I been able to stay inside most of the day , but have a good fan in the garage right next to the beer box that has the water & gaterade in it :D
  5. cardboard

I've been workin in it everyday, I know its hot !

We used to turn the air conditioner on in the van in he afternoon. It went out today.
  6. chucktx

dam, you be careful.....jump in the lake if ya gotta....then run around real fast to cool down!!!! lol lol

heat stroke is no party!!!!!!!!
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sunny and 75-80 here :D
  8. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Be careful. You complain to much about the heat the goverment will hit you up with a carbon tax.
  9. cardboard

I can't control yer guberment. Just hope he stays out of my life.
  10. chucktx

to late cardboard................he is already there and grabbin for more!!!!
  11. Panthera

Panthera New Member

Quit whining! We have had a cold wet spring here, and it is finally breaking into the 80's. I would take the heat any day!

I like the heat. My wife tells me I can sweat at -20, but at 100, everyone else is sweating too, so I do not feel so out of place!

Happy riding!
    Panth
  12. cardboard

Over 80% Humidity comes with it also.:cool:
  13. Camo

Camo New Member

It's a cold wet winter down here in Oz... I'll swap ya a couple of days out of the week, say... Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
  14. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Summer finally came here this week too. Up till now we were seeing mostly mid to high 60's, and generally damp and cloudy. This week we got some real rain, and the highs got to the low 90's. Same forcast for next week. Saturday was my first shirt sleeve ride for the year. 'Bout time !! That said, 100 degree with humidity is not inviting either.
  15. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

cardboard don't watch the local weather , going to be 100+ the heat index all week here & I'am only about 50 miles south of you :D
  16. FLHTbiker

We did a ride today to Tillamook Oregon which is on the coast, 240 mile round trip ride. Mostly sunny sky's a balmy 65 F on the coast and the ice cream at the world famous Tillamook Cheese Factory was out of this world. Temps this week here at home might make it to 80 degrees one day but sunny all week. I don't know how you guys handle the high temps and humidity all the time, I guess its all what you get accustomed to.
  17. cardboard

Man Please !

I've seen. Got a scratched pair of Oakley polarized sunglasses in the van to take some of the glarr off the water from the sun reflecting in my eyes.

I got a Iphone with the weather on it.

Its going to be tough this week with it 99* to 101* everyday. No rain this week either.
    I will be crying and falling asleep with it that hot.
    No place to hide.

When I git to come home I take a cold shower and don't go back outside till the next day.
    Know the air at the house will never turn off.
  18. Panthera

Panthera New Member

If the I-phone stops working with a messages saying "piss-off, it's too hot" then you know it is too hot!

Panth
  19. FLHTbiker

Looked at the weather forecast for your area and man you guys are getting hammered with heat this week Cardboard. Does it always get that hot in your area or is this unusual weather. How is that lake close to you for cooling off in.
  20. cardboard

Yep were in southeast Texas, 95-100* is the norm here for the summer. Its been hot her for a few months.

I got 1 house between me and he lake. I can't live in the lake, the sun will still burn you up.
    We got the humidity in the 80% rate too.

We seen it at 112* for a week or two a few years ago when I had my business.
    Man business was good during that period.:(