1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

160 tire on a FXDWG

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Silverbullet, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

I have a '03 Duece that I'm going to purchase billet wheels for. My wife has a 2002 Wideglide. Does anybody know if my takeoff rear wheel from the Duece will fit her Dyna?
  2. CD

CD Guest

Physically the wheel will bolt up. The side clearance is what you need to check. Tire widths vary depending on manufacturer. A 160mm from Dunlop, Avon and Metzler will all have different mounted widths. The total tread is still 160mm but, the profile varies a lot. Measure the width of the 160 on you wheel and measure the inner clearance. Note anything that will cut or damage the tire. Wiring, seat bolts, strut bolts etc and plan to move / modify them. If you have a 1/4" per side or say 8mm between the tire sidewall and fender then I would consider a test fit. Otherwise you will need to do some customizing. Remember that future tire changes will need careful measuring if changing brands or sizes.
  3. Grease Gun

Grease Gun New Member

watch for clearance between the brake caliper and the ribs on the duece wheel. If I am not mistaken the duece uses a slightly different rear caliper that allows for clearance.
  4. Silverbullet

Silverbullet New Member

Thanks for the input, I guess I'll just try it and see if it clears. I was hoping to find someone that has been there,done that.