1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1961 XLCH performance

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FoShoRacing978, Jul 18, 2007.

1. FoShoRacing978

FoShoRacing978 New Member

ok these questions go out to anyone. I have a 1961 sportster that has been modified. My father and I have put cylinders off a 1000 sportster on it, a 4 5/8" stroker in it, a mild sifton cam set, changed it from right foot to left foot shift, built kick gears for it so you can actually get a full kick on it when starting it, we raked it a hair just to drop the front end and it has 1976 KZ650 forks and wheels on it so you can actually stop it... and it's best time in the 1/4 mile is 12.98sec...which I think is respectable considering it's a 1961 sportster. My question is for anyone who has put a 4 13/16" stroker in anything like this and if there might be any tips someone could offer? Also we will be install a set of Andrews BV cams (supposed to be for drag racing only), and just wondering if anyone has any tips about changing the rockers for the high lift cam? Any info or suggestion welcomed
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

welcome!! sounds like a really nice project....i am not able to help you with the stroking. im sure there are some that have stroked a sportster.....(i aint goin there!!:roflmao: ) i would like to see a pic or two....have fun and ride safe!!
  3. FoShoRacing978

FoShoRacing978 New Member

actually the thing looks stock if you don't know harley's that well you can't even tell it's raked without a degree magnetic thing and if you know the orignal degree of rake... hell I don't even know what stock rakes is my daddy-o who is like a genius did all that crap