1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1965 Harley FLH now listed on eBay

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by chucktx, May 8, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

LOVE that bike....just wish I could make it happen for me!!! Love the question and answer part at the bottom.....enjoyed the answer even more!! :roflmao: Course, pretty close to true!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep gotta love his answer's , I guess he cant ride very far if he need a trailer :roflmao:
    :cool:
  4. chucktx

the question kinda blew me away.........hehehehe always a joker in the crowd!!!!!:)
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Beautiful bike! It should get some hits. One suggestion given to me from those who have sold big ticket items on ebay, require a non-refundable Paypal down payment. That way you won't get any flakes who bid, win, then bail out. If you require immediate money up front to secure the deal, it's less likely to go bad. Then you collect the balance upon finishing the deal.
  6. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

That is just one Beeeautiful bike!!!! Sucks that we have more pressing issues or i'd jump on it myself. Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Jeep broke down for good last Sat. What else???:)
  7. chucktx

i would love for one of y'all to own it..........give someone another 20+ years of pleasure as it did for me.........
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

told my brother in law about it he is going to look at it he bought his heratige on e-bay likes the process.
  9. chucktx

thanks ironhorse.......:)
  10. kenfuzed

^^ BUMP ^^ for a beautiful bike! Any takers yet?
  11. chucktx

no...........no takers. there were 24 people watching it, i dont know why it didnt sell. only thing i can figure is it is gonna take that one person that apreciates old iron. when i take it to a bike nite or something similar....it will draw a bigger crowd than all the big dog and custom bikes in the lot!!! a lot of the girls want to ride on it also.....go figure....well i will probably relist it, and do some different wording......any ideas what to say about it to help it sell????
    thanks
  12. kenfuzed

When relisting I would consider asking for a deposit through Paypal. To many buyers and sellers this makes a big ticket item look more trustworthy. Sometimes it just takes a few times to catch the right eye so I wouldn't get discouraged.

Also try to add a link to a transportation service. I've seen many motorcycles on ebay that have a link to such companies that will quote online to transport the purchase. This greatly broadens your reach to buyers all over the country or abroad. For example, several years ago I sold several classic cars that ended up going to Canada and Japan.

Let me know if you need help. I've run ebay auctions for years and could help you with an ad that should grab a buyer. Some of their online promotional tools aren't always the best way to sell and usually just put more money in ebay's pockets.
  13. chucktx

thanks for the offer and advise!!!! i may have a question later!!:)