1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1997 FLHT 32,000 mi

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by Jim Posey, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Jim Posey

Jim Posey New Member

Bike just taken to bare frame in August 2008, cleaned, paint touched up on frame. Inside fenders cleaned and painted. Under fuel tank cleaned and painted. New rear tire, Wheel bearings front and rear cleaned, and repacked. Rear swing arm removed cleaned, painted, engine removed for access and paint on frame. Rear Engine Mount rubber,s changed. Top end on engine torn down. All clearances checked, heads cleaned up, Cylinders still show hash marks from factory hone. New James metal top end gaskets used for reassembly. Cam replaced with new Andrews EV27. Stock springs and lifters. Heavy duty Torrington Cam needle bearing. Ignition system replaced with Accell Programmable Module, Accell Super coil, Single fire, Accell Plugs and Wires. Carb re jetted. Arlen Ness big sucker intake breather. Vance Hines true duel Header Pipes. Porker straight pipes with baffles. Brake lines replaced with all stainless steel lines and Rear pads. Fork fluid changed. New Lexan 3/16 thick Wind Shield. Corbin solo seat with Back rest. Some chrome added to motor. Oil Temp gauge from Harley added, gauge mounted in dash. Battery fresh and kept charged. This is a real nice Highway Bike, very comfortable and quick for a big bike. I have most stock parts, also back rest for stock seat. To much to list. $1800.00 in parts for latest upgrades, I preformed all work. Bike had sat for a while due to my illness. Ready to cruise. Synthetic oil its whole life. It’s a clean, strong, nice custom ride. 32,000 miles on bike. Great for 2 with stock seat. Air suspension. Email for more pic’s. Ft Pierce FL
    $ 9,999 OBO pose7242@bellsouth.net , 772-489-5712, Jim Posey 

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

that's a good looking 97 FLHT good luck
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Really nice looking bike, best of luck with the sale.
  4. Jim Posey

Jim Posey New Member

Bikes for sale

Thanks Cowboy and Kenfuzed, Jimfuzed should be my name I think some times. Dont realy want to sell. My wife has has become Grand Ma and is not to interested any more in riding. Her FXDL is on web site also. I realy injoy the Grand Pa stuff too.
    I went through a real bad case of Throat Cancer in 2004. Thats why the bikes sat for a while. I am doing well now. Cancer free 4 yrs, minus my Larynx, includes voice. The Dr's say after 5 yrs you will live till you die. Profound huh. Summer is real tuff on me now to get out and ride more than a few miles. Having shared all that, not looking for and do not want sympathy. It is what it is. Im still a dumb tuff old Basterd. Being a Nuclear Power Plant Welder/Mechanic for 26 yrs and way to much fun caught up to me. Dosent matter which. I have had a blast, I can say that. I am of the mindset of skidding sideways into the grave, dents all around.
    Once these bikes sell, if they do, Im doing the only sensable thing to do. Order a Dodge R/T 6spd Challenger Hemi. It has AC for the summer. Pretty fun to. Track Pack. 6 spd manuel out of Viper, and 3.92 posi. 375 hp, 404 lb tq, Factory. Like 1969 again only better, no rust. Still get over 20 mpg if easy with it. Wife has a 2007 Charger R/T 5 spd auto slap stick, 24 mpg on highway 19 mpg in town. Her driving not me.
    Any reasonable offer will be considered on the bikes. They are in tip top shape. Thanks.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very nice looking ride, sounds like you put a lot of tender love into her. You shouldn't have a hard time selling it, however keep in mind you'll probably want to ride again and if she sells you might really miss it.
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

In case anyone didn't see it, here is Jims FXDL... another really nice ride!
    [PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/motorcycle-buy-sell-trade-wanted/7825-1998-fxdl-19000-mi.html"]1998 FXDL[/PAGE]
  7. Jim Posey

Jim Posey New Member

Selling ride

Im sure my Glide will be missed. They have a way of becoming family when you do all your own work on them. I always wanted to build a custom fat tire chopper for around town here. Since Im limited in saddle time from my illness something for Bike night in town and local area would be nice. 100 cu in or so. Soft Tail, little nitrous, tire burner. There is as your aware Im sure a ton of choice availible today. Plus Im 2 hr from Daytona. I have the perfect Garage for such a projects. We owner built our house in 2002. Garage is 35' deep, 20' wide. Its Air Conditioned, 10' cielings, Big doors front and side in the rear. Welding station, air tools, Torch, Im set up well. I can slip a part or two in from time to time and suprize my wife one day, she loves a good surprize. Who ever buys my toys, I always tell them if they need a hand with something give me a call and bring it buy. Sort of a warrenty just no charge for labor.