1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1997FLHT( Enricher )

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Jim Posey, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Jim Posey

Jim Posey New Member

My Electra Glide Standard FLHT enricher cable, plastic junk, crap, where it mounts to bracket at Knob breaks about every other year. If its not broken it wont stay where you set it. I was told that you can by after market replacment much better quaility. Where, I have searched every place I can think of. Stock carb has been recalabrated, runs nice with shot gun straight pipes and steel baffels. Happy with preformance, dont want to change carb. Any suggestions. JP
  2. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Cable

I'm pretty sure you can buy them right here for around $8 or $9. I don't know if they are any better than the stock Harley ones. Go to directparts.com and click on the contact us link. I'm sure they can answer your question if you call them. They have always been very helpful for me.

Good Luck!
  3. Breeze

Breeze New Member

Enricher

Jim Posey

I haven't broken one... yet. You bring up a good point... this is a flimsy piece for a chunk of iron like a Harley. Seems like the plastic parts could be replaced with metal. When it doesn't stay put, is the o-ring still around the cable? Is it breaking from tightening to try to make it stay put?