1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1999 XL1200 speedo/tach on a 1995 XLH883

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by AZroaddust, Jul 26, 2007.

1. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Whatcha think? Dealer won't help. If the connnectors are the same may I assume it will work? My 1995 only has a speedometer. No Tachometer.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I would try it if the connecter's look the same , if you have them in hand double check the wire color's
  3. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Thanks Cowboy. Good thought but it's for sale on E-Bay and I would have to buy it to try it. From other parts I've checked out, I think some major changes were made to piglets in 1996 because most parts will say "Fits Sportsters from 19xx-1995 or 1996-up" etc.

It Probably won't work without some serious wiring changes and a new sockets since I don't think 1995 piglets had a Speedometer - Tachometer combo option, but I may be wrong on that too.

Thanks again,
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Azroadust, yep I know what your saying here , I've been looking at some for my Daughters piglet it's a 04 , Happy hunting