1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2 into 2 Exhaust or V&H ProPipes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gunnysgt, Dec 25, 2004.

1. gunnysgt

gunnysgt New Member

I'm looking for input on the best exhaust. I am currently running V&H True Duals head pipes with V&H oval slip on mufflers. I like the look but not the sound. They seem to have more of a bark than a low rumble. I'm thinking of switching to the ProPipe HS 2 into 1 system. I figure that should give me a smoother exhaust note but I don't want to lose performance. Any ideas from the experts out there. I have a 2003 FLHT with 95 inch kit, SE heads, SE 211 cam, and SE 44mm carb. Thanks in Advance guys. :)
  2. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Pro Pipe

I have the HS 2 into 1 Por Pipe on my 99 Fatboy. It has the nice low rumble sound you're looking for, isn't "too" loud like and still provides great performance. I don't think you will be disappointed with this choice, IMHO. Good luck.
  3. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

I too have the V&H 2 into 1 pro pipes on my 2004 Road King that has the 95ci upgrade. I have been very happy with the results of the pipes. Ride Safe, David.
  4. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

5. gunnysgt

gunnysgt New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I lean more toward the classic look than the chopper look with my glide. That's one of the reasons I originally went toward the 2 into 2. The look is good but I also have to listen to it more than look at it when I'm riding. Maybe I'll dump the Sundowner solo seat and go for a low profile SE seat and go propipe. Any more input??????? :)
  6. GDief

GDief New Member

I have just checked out four different pipes today. Mind you, I have only started and listened to them. These being the Thunderheader, V&H, Screaming eagle pipes and the Bub Rineharts. Most of the bikes were 95 ci.

I gotta say that the Bub Rinehart by far have the truest sound. They Rock. I felt that the Thunderheader, although being a great setup, was not for the bagger. I think on my 05 Roadking I'll go with the Bub Rineharts. :cool:
  7. gunnysgt

gunnysgt New Member

I've heard the bub rhineharts on a local bike and felt they sounded a lot like the V&H true duals with the oval slip on combo. Which V&H combo did you check out? I figured the SE slip ons are probably the quietest of the group, would you agree?
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the Rineharts or the Tru duals but I've had a pro pipe on three different bikes. They may not look great but there's no arguing that they work. They sound pretty good too. The latest bike I have I've put a 95 in kit on it. SE air cleaner, reflash on the ignition and "stock" pipes, complete with baffles. They say that the big FL mufflers move enough air to keep the bike from choking up..I guess I'm gonna find out.
  9. GDief

GDief New Member

The V & H that I heard was the ones with the oval cutouts. I felt that they had a certain resonance to them. The tru duals just sounded right to me. Then again, it's all comes down to what you like as a sound. I believe there are very little difference between most of the pipes. If you go the way of SE slip on's, that should be fine. But again I've heard of most guys switching back out because they are just too tame. I too was looking at the slip ons and had rented a bike that had. Honestly I thought they were fine.

As for the reply on the Pro pipes. I have heard that they are one of the best, although they all discolor. They blue regardless of what you do, and the finish isn't the best. :cool:
  10. gunnysgt

gunnysgt New Member

I agree with you on the resonance issue. That seems to be common when a muffler as a large opening at the end. If I went to the SE mufflers, I would probably go for the sport cone end. I considered the thunderheaders but when I saw them at the store I was not impressed with the fit and finish. The cone welds looked cheap. I also read that they can't be repacked. I've had several sets of different V&H pipes on different bikes and the quality was always there.