1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2004 883 Sportster

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by ROOKIE, Apr 19, 2004.

1. ROOKIE

ROOKIE New Member

Hello riders i,m thing about this bike would this make a good frist bike and can one Ride this bike on long trip like tenn to sturgis? Thanks Rookie :)
  2. SK

SK New Member

As long as you get the new rubber mounted Sporty. I wouldn't ride the prior ones long distance w/o a kidney belt. :D
  3. CD

CD Guest

To XL or not?

The '04 is a leap forward in riding comfort for sure. Back in the dark days after finding out my FXWG would not swim, I had an 883 for a spell. It was fun and nimble, not very fast and would beat you to death on anything longer than a 250 mile day. At least having to stop every hundred miles or so saved my kidneys......

For around town the 883 is not bad. For trips it will be short on power and range and be pretty uncomfortable IMHO.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

If you got the extra bucks, pony up for the 1200. I haven't ridden a rubbermount sporty yet but i wonder how far off they're going to be from an FXR as far as ridability goes?
  5. sixpac

sixpac New Member

Go for it . I have an 883 r and love it. Ride safe :cool: :D