1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2007 Screaming Eagle

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 16, 2006.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well I guess I'm taking the plung and doing something that I'll never get another chance to do again. I put a down payment on one the other day. Build date is Nov. 24. Got to see one up close last weekend at another dealer. The black with Orange is very nice. Sold my Ultra to a friend of mine who sold his 1800 Wing to buy it. He has had the biggest grin on his face every sense.

Attached Files:

2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Congratulations.
  3. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Nice Bike dude!!!:)
  4. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Yesser, sweet ride indeed!
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Hey Marc!..you're gonna have to give me a big head start now

Good stuff, that's a sweet bike you're getting. A buddy of mine rode it at Sturgis..loved it. I got on the 110 Dyna...snorts pretty good for a smogger. I had briefly entertained getting an Ultra..intercom and some of the other do-dads and what's going on up here is that used Harleys got a whole lot cheaper..[read that, bend over if you're gonna trade up to an '07] My '04 pulls the buggy pretty good and it's been a good bike so I'll hang onto it for a while. I sold the Ducati ST2...was thinking about getting a decent car but figured I wasn't ready for one yet..checked out some of the lightweight Harleys and wound up looking at picking up a Ducati Monster S4R Testastretta in the spring for very little difference from what I got for the ST..it's a good motorcycle..my last kick at feeling young...enjoy your new bike
  6. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

07 Screamin Eagle

Congrats, I'm Sure U Will Not Regret Buying It, I Bought The 07 Road King Screamin Eagle (razor Red) And I'm Do Not Regret It At All, I Went To The Myrtle Beach Fall Rally On It, Had Just Under 400 Miles On It When I Left Put Just Over 900 On It Round Trip And Could Really Tell The Difference In Performance By The Time I Got Back Home.

Live Easy, Ride Hard
  7. FLHTbiker

Won't get the 07 SE Ultra till sometime in December. They won't even build it until the end of November. As for trade-ins Bobs right. Even down here they won't give you squat for your pre-07 bike. I think in time that may fade off a bit but try and buy a 04-06 bike at the dealership, they still try and get gold for one.
    I sold my ultra to a friend of mine and got way more than what the dealer would give me.
    Was thinking of trading in my 05 Heritage Springer Classic but I really like that bike and cound't part with it just yet.

Bob, have you looked at the Buel Ulysses, kind of intriguing for sure.
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

The '04 models are going fairly cheap. I really feel for someone who bought an '03 and is getting out of motorcycling. The '03 model cost 10 grand more than the '07..[based on Classic/Ultra pricing which was effected by anniversary hype and the exchange rate between our two dollars..in fact, the '07 list price was cheaper than the '06 list]
    Buells scare me, they're not well received quite yet, I think the bikes are ok but for a performance bike I'll ride an Italian bike..nothing quite like 'em. I can't explain it.
  9. CD

CD Guest

Hell Sleepy if you said it in Italian most of us couldn't understand it either! ;)

Just how do you say "If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand" in Italian anyway? :rolleyes:
  10. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Se devo spiegarlo, non capireste ;)
  11. FLHTbiker

What Italians make motorcycles; :eek: :D
  12. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

thanks for the lesson

The only Italian that I know is ..spumoni, mortadella, spaghetti, Amichi, Ducati and Zooooom which is what you do on an Italian bike
  13. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Fast ones....
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If anyone here knows of a dealer that will sell one of these at MSRP and has room on the list let me know I have a friend looking for one, most here in FL are spoken for until 4th qtr.

And Rossmeyer has them at $42K

deal

or

NO DEAL
  15. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

I Got My Road King Screamin Eagle 500.00 Under Msrp At Colboch H-d Morristown, Tn
  16. FLHTbiker

My dealers price for the SE Ultra was MSRP plus freight.
  17. FLHTbiker

You have always liked those Ducati's. I'll bet they corner well to.
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

What I like about the Ducatis is that they're not perfect..they kind of remind me of a Shovelhead or an Evolution Harley. the Italians take casting metal to an art form..may not be the best way to make it work but boy does it look good. They also handle very very well..good balance and poise..this Monster is a rocket..gonna be fun to ride..having said all that though..for the next bike talk ride that I go on..I'll be there on the Electra Glide...that's been a great bike "but it still gets me where I wanna go" as Jan and Dean sang about their Woody that's how I feel about "Chuggy"..keep the bolts snug, the fluids fresh..thumb the starter and it's off to Surf City
  19. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Do all Ducatis still use the Desmo (sp) valve train? That's a cool mechanism but, man that has got to be a bitch to rebuild.
  20. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

As far as I know they all still have the desmodromic valve system. I don't think it's necessary with today's metallurgy..valve springs have come a long way and they're a bit of a bitch to set the valve lash but the new ones stay within spec for a long time now. Some of the models are getting away from the dry clutch. They're still a very mechanical bike though.