1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2008 Lonestar Rally

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 14, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Went to the 2008 Lonestar Rally. No where as many folks there as last year. Was a 125 mile ride down and 125 back. Was cool on the mornin. Had a good time. Missed all the action of last year.
    Seem more chic's runnin around last year with a painted body, didn't see any this year. That was what attracted me. Wasn't as many vendors either.

What I did see that I didn't like was too many people had KIDS there. I was told it wasn't a Adult Rally. I'm sorry but when I go to a Rally like this and I'm paying 4.00 for the aluminum bottle Budweiser which was very cold and real good. The last thing I want to see and have to look for and keep from trippin over is a KID. I don't want to have to watch what I day or if I raise cane.

Chic's ain't gonna flash anybody with the COPS there and KIDS.
    Seen a lady with straps going to her kids like they were dogs so she couldn't loose them
    They even had a place for airbrush TATTO's in a Biker bar for kids to git a TATTOO.

If yer kid gits loose and gits out in front of a motorcycle or a big person trips over them they are going to be screamin at the Bikers

ARe there any Place in the WORLD I CAN GO TO without KIDS.
    I got a son thats 35 yrs old. But I wouldn't take a kid there.

And I hate trippin over them too. I don't look down for them either when I'm at a Rally.
    Can anybody raise hell about KIDS at RAlly's. They already had a problem with them at ROT. A lot of people has already said they will not go back if they keep having kids there.

If this is going to be a kids rally lets see how much money they take in. , tCan yer kid buy a harley and ride it down there.
    Take yer Kid to the seawall and let them look , take him to the convention center, but not to the strand.
    Leave yer kid at home Please ! :gah:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

"ARe there any Place in the WORLD I CAN GO TO without KIDS"

yes....stay in your basement and become a hermit!!!!!!!!!!!:D

or get off your wallet and go to the rallys that are advertised as adult only...course i know ya aint gonna do that cause then ya would bitch about having to pay to get in.....sheesh!!!:roflmao:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't mind the kids to much at rallies don't seem to bother me much and would love to take the grandson some day. I get a kick out of seeing the faces of many young boy and girls faces when they see the bikes, hey there the future riders that will keep motorcycling going.

The one thing with kids that does bother me and can't stand is noisy yelling kids in a restaurant. Take the wife out to a nice dinner at a nice restaurant and damned seems like there is always a table full of screaming kids anymore. You almost have to go to a bar filled with smoke to get away from the little rug rats. :gah:
    Parents need to just take em to Micky D's and pizza places. :rant:
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  4. cardboard

I'm not the only person that wasn't wantin to see the kids at the strand.
  5. chucktx

ya work with kids running through the shop your at.....should be used to it.....
  6. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

Well, Hooter's isn't the place it used to be since kids eat free at a certain time. I would have never taken my kids there.
    But I still go to look at the HOOTERs
  7. chucktx

:D :roflmao: :D :p
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well I have to admit there wher some kids on the strand after 9pm , but there where'nt mine so that's that but the venders shut down between 8& 9pm Now that was just wrong
    The strand A street just for bikes to rev it up so high they shoot fire out with out any help I like to just park & watch this fools ruin there engines :eek:
  9. FLHTbiker

SK and I watched them doing burn outs in ST Vibs one year, fun to watch but better them than me. :D Bet there were a lot of new tires sold the next day. Oh yea, first place got a new tire and he needed it as it was shredded.

Geesh, I forgot to add that there were no kids present either.:D
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  10. cardboard

I don't like to have to watch how I ask at the strand. I want to cut loose and be free and watch the girls flash me , it ain't gonna happen with kids there.
    Take the kids to the seawall and the convention center where the bikes are.
    Give the grownups a place to play too.:fight:
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm with you, but not for the same reasons. Well, not the flashing reason anyway. I just don't want to have to be careful. Like you said, if you trip over a kid, you're the monster. Mostly it's because nobody disciplines their kids anymore. They try to reason with them. :rolleyes:
  12. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Oh yeah, this thread reminds me of something...

Kids are like farts. Your own are barely tolerable. Others'?
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  13. TM103

TM103 Active Member

:roflmao: :roflmao:
  14. FLHTbiker

How true.......:D
  15. chucktx

agreed!!!!!!!!:D :D
  16. Thunder99

Thunder99 New Member

17. chucktx

about the hotties flashin ya....i think the cold weather prevented it...i figure you wouldnt drop trow due to the cold wind....there were hotties.... and all the guys/gals riding the strand were in full leathers and facemasks.....maybe the cold is the reason ya didnt get to see any flashing??????? gotta go with the flow once in a while.........

Attached Files:

18. chucktx

a couple more...

Attached Files:

19. FLHTbiker

Gee Chuck, those candy striped legs makes you want to lick em to see how they tast :D
    I know I'm Bad I'm bad :banghead: :D
  20. chucktx

there were a lot of good looking hotties, and i am sure if the temps would have gotten above 40 they would have dressed differently....but, as it was everyone had leather on!! some folks would bitch if ya hung em with a golden rope!!!!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: