1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2009 Street Vibrations

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Red Rider, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Looks like the weather will be perfect, at least this far out. Men going up to Virginia City should be really pleased, as it should be plenty warm.

I'll be there. You?
    :cheers:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We were going to go and had our motel booked. The wifes cat has now become very ill, lungs filled with fluids, the cat is still in the cat hospital on oxygen. I know I know don't go there she loves her cat. So now she won't leave her and we are staying home. :mad: The vet bills will equate to a whole lot of accessories for both of the bikes. :banghead: I would have loved meeting up with you Red and buy you a brew or two but will have to do it another time.
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

FLHTbiker - Ya should've bought her a dog instead.- Dang cats are cool but they ain't nothin compared to a dog.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i love cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taste alot like chicken!!!!!!!!!! lol

really, i hope the cat gets better....pets are like family.........
  5. Red Rider

Dang sorry to here it, FLHT. Would've been fun to share brews and tales. I hope that the cat makes it - or goes quick enough for you to change your plans.......
  6. FLHTbiker

Yea, the wife said she is like her kid. The pet cardiologist called this evening and she has an enlarged heart and they have put her on medications for blood clots. They gotta do more tests and the vet bills keep going up.
    If I went to St Vibs without the wife I would feel really bad and honestly couldn't do that to her.
    Sarge we got friends that have a couple of dogs. They were telling us about all the meds their dogs are on and once has to have shots everyday. What happened to the days where you put a bowl of food down and they lived trouble free. :gah:
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

8. FLHTbiker

I see we belong to the same zipper club, almost 2 years for me now. Heart valve repair and by-pass. Kicks the sheet out of ya for awhile.
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Yes it does, I have had two mitral valve replacements, the first was a pig valve it lasted 14 years. The second is a carbon fiber and titanium valve, have had it for almost 12 years. Had rheumatic fever as a child is what they say caused my valve to go bad.
  10. FLHTbiker

Don't know what caused my heart valve to come loose (probably to much wildness in my younger years) but my lungs were filling up and couldn't breath. They put a special metal band on mine and cinched her down. They wanted originally to do a pace maker on me to but I fought it and now don't need one, hopefully. At least we can still ride.
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about your cat and you guys missing SV..I had a heart scare..not ready for the zipper club yet
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Pushin 70 and no problem yet - except the wifes "HONEY LIST" never gets done. Told her I was goin live to the ripe ole age of 105 - then get shot by a jealous husband. LOL
    Just funnin about the cats - they are OK - but I was raised on dogs and like the way they can be trained to go out to the fridge and grab another cold one so ya don't miss the game on the TV. How many cats can do that! :D- Anyhow hope the wifes cat makes it :)- don't like to see any animal hurtin.
  13. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Ok you old farts, enough of the sob stories, let's get back to business.

Red - Get some good pictures for us lame asses that can't make it, alright? I want to see some Street vibrations vibrating. :D

And if you guys have any good surgery pictures - heck, we'll want to see those too:roflmao:
  14. FLHTbiker

Yea, we were suppose to have left today.
  15. Red Rider

Sheesh, I even have video from my last surgery, but why bother? Ya deal with what comes your way, and it is just another day.

As for pics from Street Vibes, well, SK can tell ya that this site is really not the place for those that are worth taking! Plus I'd rather see than snap, so I ain't Mr. Camera. Sorry, but if ya want to see what went on there, be there.

Also, it just seems too creepy for me to take the pics. I guess I don't think that the women being generous and bold enough to show the guys a pleasant view really intend to be remembered forever on the web. Somebody will take 'em, but not me. Besides, I'll have a cigar in one hand and a drink in the other, so what I see has to last in my own memory. Come on in to Virginia City and get your own memories!

Anyone else gonna make it there?

:cheers:
  16. fujimo

fujimo New Member

talk about pictures,,,was in d.c. last year,,,we are standing there watching for ladies ,,,bang from about half a block away,,, comes this doll with cowboy boots,,,cowboy hat,,,just a vest on dark glasses,,, chaps with slits on both sides,,strutting her stuff,,,got picture at half a block,,another at 50 feet,,,closed lens and put back in case at 20 feet,,,, lord she had been in a real war,,,, i show the half a block one to people ,,,but not the rest,,,they would think i am sick,,,pops
  17. Red Rider

Weather Update - High '80s/low '90s for Vibes/Thunder in VC. Gonna be a hot time in the old town those nights!..................
  18. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Sounds like it's going to be a good year for it. Sometimes it snows at this time of year and guys from this area get stuck in the bad weather comeing home.

I heard it snowed in CO yesterday. burrrr its coming......:banghead:
  19. FLHTbiker

Please, I hope nobody posts any photos of Street Vibs as we are supposed to be there right now with our friends from Arizona and can't because of the sick cat. :banghead:
  20. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Yep it snowed here yesterday, Colorado Springs, just waiting for the clouds to lift and i'll take a picture of Pikes Peak with the fresh snow and post it.