1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2011 CVO Ultra

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 27, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Today I went in to the HD dealer to say good by to the store manager who I'm good friends with. He knew I've looked at the 2011 CVO Ultra and told me I'll make you a super deal today. There 2011 Ultra is $39,000 and would make it a difference of 7000 on my bikes. 01 Springer with 95 kit 40,000 miles and my 09 Ultra with 17,000 miles. Shoot just put the new headers on it. Don't know but I know its a pretty good deal on the SE Ultra.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2 for 1 plus 7k???? dunno bout that deal.......
  3. steveb

steveb Active Member

Well if you add it up '09 Ultra worth about $20,000, '01 Springer worth about $10,000. Plus $7000. is about $37,000. Maybe not too bad. I am just going by what things are selling for up in Minnesota now.
  4. FLHTbiker

Well, thats 32,000 for my bikes which is not bad trading it in. If I sold them outright I could maybe get 20,000 for the ultra and maybe 12,000 for the Springer which is pretty close to the trade in. Gotta think about it some more.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. I'm not sold on the 110 and I'm not sure I'd be wanting to own a 39000 dollar bike in a crappy economy..Ours isn't great and yours is worse. If both of your bikes are good..and it sounds like they are. It'd be tough giving them up. If they're troubling then maybe. I think the Ultra Limited is a good buy but more than likely I'd just go big bore on the bike you got and life would be good..just my opinion
  6. chucktx

maybe talk him into your bikes and 5k???? just thinkin......
  7. FLHTbiker

Got a couple of guys I know here in our HOG chapter that have the 2010 110 and both have said they have no trouble with em. One said he has over 20,000 on it now with not one issue. Supposedly Harley has fixed the issues, would think they should have by now.
  8. steveb

steveb Active Member

They had to fix the problem with the 110 .It was costing them a fortune in warranty repairs. Plus all of the bad press the top of the line Harley's were getting.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

me I would keep what I have & use the 7k to do what I want to both bikes , I already have , the pic you put up of the 11 cve looks real nice
  10. FLHTbiker

I will say the SE 2011 Ultra is a nice ride and sure has the gadgets on it. I think Cardboard would like it.

Talked to my mom this morning and they moved my step dad to a facility that lets them die. Its been pretty hard on her. I sure hope that my last days are not like that.
  11. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I guess I would have a hard time giving up 2 bikes for 1 plus 7k. One of the things that I like about having 2 bikes is that if 1 breaks down, I have a spare that I can ride until I get the other fixed. Warranty in this situation cannot replace that. 39k for a bike is a lot of money, especially in an economy like it is today. How much do you lose once you drive it out of the dealer???
  12. FLHTbiker

The CVO line tends to hold their value better than the others but every new bike will loose some value as time goes on. If your buying a bike as your last bike than lost value when you drive it off the lot would not matter.
  13. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If he ain't willing to sell it for MSRP, I would tell him you ain't a good friend.....
  14. FLHTbiker

They had it originally listed at $42000 and with prep-plus Freight and the extended warranty the price of 38,900 is right on for list price. Still undecided. To me the hardest part is parting with my Springer.
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Go for it you can't ride them both at the same time, the CVO Ultra is a great bike
    heated seats and grips, electric locking bags and tour pack, bling'd out all over, 110 CUI, all you need is a filter, pipes and a good tune with a TTS and it really wakes up... 6 speed,

THe Springer is only getting older and worth less, same for the ultra, Buddy has a cvo 105th nice bike... He's trading it for a CVO RG...
  16. hotroadking

Go for it you can't ride them both at the same time, the CVO Ultra is a great bike
    heated seats and grips, electric locking bags and tour pack, bling'd out all over, 110 CUI, all you need is a filter, pipes and a good tune with a TTS and it really wakes up... 6 speed,

THe Springer is only getting older and worth less, same for the ultra, Buddy has a cvo 105th nice bike... He's trading it for a CVO RG...
  17. chucktx

echo!!!!!:D
  18. FLHTbiker

Well went down to the dealer this morning and told them that I am keeping my bikes. I'm just going to do a 103 with cam in the 96 Ultra.
  19. hotroadking

Ahhh ya be woosin out LOL

Buy the CVO!

It's on my list, have the 00 Heritage got to find a buyer for it
    must have large cajones for that 124 LOL
  20. FLHTbiker

I know but I got no payments right now and its just to hard to part with the Springer. They wouldn't come down anymore so I said thanks for trying. But keeping my bikes.