1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2014 Honda Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, May 4, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

UGLY!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yeah, but its styling fits right in with all the other pukey looking modern bikes. Stuffing a small auto engine in a bike never appealed to me either. I think the bike should have a bigger, wider rear tire - looks too small for the engine.
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

You used a lot of words just to repeat what I said in one. UGLY!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

It the wave of the future, Johnny, get used to it 'cause it's only going to get worse LOL.
  6. FLHTbiker

It's not a car engine. It's the same basic frame and the same engine as the Goldwing. That's why it's called the Goldwing Valkyrie. Just a stripped down Goldwing in a sleeker body. I don't much care for the looks either but think its a good idea for those that want a big fast bike with out the plastic body and all the accessories of the 1800 Goldwing.
    Honda started putting that flat six in their motorcycles sense 2001 and before that it was the flat four 1500 Goldwing and Valkyrie.
  7. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I'm sure the engineers know what they are doing, but it kinda doesn't look like it to me. I think Judge Dredd had this bike back in the 90s movie.:eek:
  8. FLHTbiker

In reading a second review of it the rear tire is a 180X55 17 while the front is a 19 inch. The one thing that I don't like is you can only get self canceling signals on the anti-lock brake bike and only one model is available with that, the black one. With all the smart engineering Honda has you would think even they could figure out how to do that.
    The second review also said that the steering was a bit heavy in the corners but was very stable. Don't think it would be a good long distant bike plus there is no Windshield for it either.
    It does put out a impressive horsepower of 118 stock with 125 pounds of torque. Still I like the styling of my Harley's better.
    Last edited: May 5, 2014