1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

25-30 motorcycle pile up today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

bet that was a heck of a mess
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I thought this was going to be a joke.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sad........i hate to see anyone in a wreck......wonder why they travel in big groups.....more chance for a mishap.....
  5. FLHTbiker

The Brother Speed are one of those outlaw gangs and they travel in large groups probably in fear of getting their butts kicked by the Angels or Mongals.
  6. mpz

mpz Member

Obviously, just a case of very poor motorcycle riding. You have to ride your own ride, not just follow the pack, especially if the pack is running right up the tailpipe of the car ahead.
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

From what I have seen the Live Together Die Together mentallity in these groups is deep seeded. These types run hard, fast and tight as another display of their love and trust in each other. Full well knowing if one goes down WE ALL go down and looks like that is exactly what happened to these folks. I don't know that it could be called poor motorcycle riding. I appreciate the trust and brotherhood these groups have for each other. I can't say everything they do shows the most prudent of judgement though.

I have ran tight with others in my group. Some can run on my side and not bother me others worry the crap out of me. When it is working and your brother(s) is right there on your wing with pipes howling it really is a rush. Many of our rides you have two views in your mirrors. Yellow line left, Brother's face right or Brother's face left and white line right. You know instantly when you check your mirrors if everyone behind you is ok or that you need to stop and fined out why.

I just pray all these guys and gals heal up well and get back on their bikes soon and realize why they are still alive. God watches over bikers too.
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sad - but a fact we all live with daily. Hope everybody walks away in good health when it's all said and done.
    KUDOS TO THE NEWS PEOPLE - They didn't mention if the guys were wearing helmets or not.
  9. FLHTbiker

10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the update and vids!!!!!!
  11. rfisher

rfisher New Member

Too bad they were riding tight and fast. Thats a recepe for an accident. Hope all injuryed are fixed and ready to ride soon!!
  12. FLHTbiker

Have not heard anything else from their group, knowing them they probably don't want to talk about it. :rolleyes:
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Actually, they are talking about it. A surprisingly positive letter is posted on their website, which is linked from the newspaper website.
  14. FLHTbiker

Yea, just a bunch of BS and still don't read where they took responsibility for the accident, like riding crazy and following to close to the vehicle in front of them and to each other. They are pretty well known here for this type of riding. :mad:
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Too fast, too close...

There are old riders
    there are fast riders
    there are no old fast riders..
  16. FLHTbiker

Re: 25-30 motorcycle pile up today...Update

It was reported on the news tonight that one of the riders died today from injuries he received as a result of the crash. Sucks to hear of any biker getting himself killed while riding. Especially when it could have easily been avoided.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  17. nebassin

nebassin New Member

the ONLY place to ride hard and fast is on the race track! i may be wrong, but that is just my view. you can't control what the other guy is going to do.
  18. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Definitely not my type of riding. I enjoy to much looking at Gods creations and not the light. If I what a rush I jump out of a airplane.
  19. FLHTbiker

:eek: Not me, why jump from a perfectly good airplane:confused: If I want a rush I just go for a ride. :)

If you ride in a pack that is well organized it's not to bad but I prefer smaller groups or by myself.
  20. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

If I could do it cheaper "HELL YEAH" I'd jump out of a plane as long as I watched the chute being packed!:D