1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

400 lb shark jumps in fishin boat

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Mar 30, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

that would have made me want to change my draws, on the news that one gal said the guy was screaming like a baby :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

saw that this morniing.........:eek::eek::gah:
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Takes a lot of smarts to fiquire out why it happened - until you read down and find out they were tossing fish guts in the water and not moving away. Kinda like walkin into a biker bar and shouting I can whip anybody in here. :fight::roflmao::roflmao:
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, guess it was just after the source. :rolleyes:
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I landed a 210 lb Mako years ago. The shark laid on it's back on the deck of the boat for over 4 hrs after the mate beat it with a bat. No movement whatsoever. The mate then decided to wash the blood off the deck and hit the shark with the water stream from the wash-down. That freakin shark jumped about 2 feet off the deck, landed on its belly and went for the 400 lb mate chasing him over the rail! Me and 3 buds rapidly joined the captain on the flying bridge, all screaming like little girls. Good times!
    :cheers:
  7. chucktx

im sticking to bass fishing.........screw that salt water!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. cardboard

YOu got that right. If you fall out of a bass boat you can swim to shore if'n a Gator don't git you.
    But if you fall out of a Saltwater boat. Everything wants some of ya for lunch.
    Was watchin a super fishin trip on a calm day in Alaska, everbody was slammin good fish. They cranked the boat up and put it in gear.
    Man please the drive shaft broke off and they was takin on water. In 15 minutes the boat sunk. May Day, May Day.
    The water was so cold they could last about 20 minutes and they was a gonner.

Bass fishin is the way men.:gah:
  9. FLHTbiker

Well, :rolleyes: did they make it
  10. cardboard

Ha Ha Ha.

Yea thanks to a Coast Guard helicopter. But it took 2 of them and they was down to the wire.

Used to SCuba Dive a lot when I was younger in the Gulf.
    Shot fish with a Spear Gun. You got to know where to hit them at, or yer in for a ride and if you piss em off they will come and eat you.
    Even a Big Old Grouper.:fight:
  11. FLHTbiker

I'll stick to Trout fishing, no more salt water for me. Came to close with a hammer head one time. :gah:
  12. cardboard

Sharks are like Pit Bulls you been fightin. YOu never know what they might do.
    A shark that is really bad is a Bull Shark, a bull shark will come close to the beach and go into brackish water.
    Sand sharks are also bad. If you live where Mako's are they are bad.
    Hammer heads are bad, but you don't sweat bullets as much with them unless you got a lot of blood in the water.
    Sometimes its better with a shark to take something and push them away from you. Or hit them on Nose.
    Try not to piss them off if you don't have to. Cause they can swim super fast and come from out of nowhere and take a bite out of you.
    And if you try to kill a shark and hurt him, they will come after you.
    There's a lot of breeds of sharks in the ocean and gulf.
    I'm kinda like you oh. I just don't like sharks.:rant:

But when yer in the saltwater there's a lot of fish to worry about. You just don't realize it.
  13. FLHTbiker

Hammer head was bumping are boots, we was in Vietnam and taking a break from firing and was sitting on the fantail with our legs hanging over the side just shooting the breeze. You never seen to guys move that fast. We used to get sea snakes on deck to, very bad dudes.
    Then there was the infamous Barracuda.

Attached Files:

14. Fatboy128

Man, "sharks don't target humans! when they bite someone it's a mistake!" So say they experts. I've had a couple of almost "mistakes" over the years! I don't need no frealin misyakes on me!!:gah:
  15. chucktx

shark meat...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
  16. Fatboy128

Mako meat is the best!