1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

6 Harley models not available in 2014

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 15, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Picked this info up so will have to wait and see if its true but bet it is as those models have not done well in sales.

Harley is streamlining it's lineup of motorcycles for 2014 by dropping six bikes from their catalog for 2014. According to the moco, the changes are supposed to "optimise the number of choices available, reduce product overlap, reflect marketplace dynamics and reduce model complexity in showrooms". Harley-Davidson actually has been increasing in profitability, but these unlucky six just haven't been doing so hot.

Say so long to the XR1200X Sportster, the FXS Softail Blackline, and the FLHTC Electra Glide for good. The FLHRC Road King Classic will be getting the axe in the US as well.

Both the FLTRX Road Glide Custom and the FLTRU Road Glide Ultra won't be available in 2014, but only temporarily: both models are getting a redesign and update. They should be back by 2015 barring any new developments.

Any thing you're going to miss? Let us know what you think in the comments.
  2. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

Electra Glide gone??? Isn't the Electra Glide like if not the top, then in the top of the longest running lines for Harley? Not that I would ever buy a brand new bike but still somebody else will. I'll bet this news starts a run on the last EG's. This won't be the first time the moco made a mistake.

Aloha...Mike
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

If im not mistaken, people are buying The Ultra It is the standard now Mike.
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I always thought that Harley had too many models. Same with other manufacturers. Maybe it's better to have fewer models with more options on each one. Anymore, I don't know one model from the other, there's so many. Same with cages.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

This is old news.. Thanks for posting it though.
  6. FLHTbiker

Mike the the Electra Glide is the striped down Ultra and most buy the Ultra anyway. Getting rid of the Road Glide has been something they wanted to do before. Seems they sell a few but not to many. They were going to do it before but then they got popular again, why is beyond me.
    Another thing I have heard and yea know how rumors go, that a water cooled touring bike will be in the line up for 2014. I was told that by one of the sales guys at the dealership.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep it will be the new Hydro-Glide
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Seems to be popular opinion.
  9. FLHTbiker

They will be slow sellers, I'll be keeping mine for a longtime. Besides air cooled may become worth more money eventually :roflmao:
  10. m1a5h50

m1a5h50 Active Member

wtg no FLHTC shhhiiittt. i didn't buy the ultra mo money n i don't need any mo electronics r bells n whistle plus the only thing it's missin is the ATR. i recently red how the new prez revamped the co. n turned it around, bully bully for him to c the moco continues. i agree alotto new models and some o the parts r not interchangable. i dunno h8 2 c the glide go, cause there aint no ride like a 'lectro glide. ride safe.
  11. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I would buy a Electra Glide custom, not an Ultra. Don't need a CB or rear spkrs. If $$ was no issue,,Maybe a Limited,'Like the paint and wheels. JMO I think a water cooled tourer is bound to happen. They get great power from that V-Rod motor.
  12. FLHTbiker

It will be interesting to see if they put that water cooled V-Rod motor in a touring bike. Maybe they will come out with a test touring bike to see how they are accepted.
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

eventually we'll get a hydro-glide, epa just keeps pushing
    heck who knows one day you'll have an electric harley and the
    speakers will play the exhaust sound ....
  14. FLHTbiker

EPA is as bad as the IRS can't get ride of them either. :banghead:
  15. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I think they are worse :cussing:.