1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

7 Speed

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Baker transmissions is releasing a 7 speed transmision for the dyna's and something else.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im gonna wait for the 10 speed with the italian derailer!!!!:)
  3. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

Keep Adding Gears And U Will Have To Get A Cdl Lic.
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Where is the need for a 7 speed trans? I guess maybe the Autobahn...
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I always thought 5 gears were plenty.A 6th for Over Drive,fine if you want it,but a 7th gear?? Over Kill. IMO.
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

that'll help

anyone with a "hot" cam getting on the highway will lower their RPMs as well as be able to get a few more miles on the gallon side of things good for a longer trip. what will the ratio be? PLus if they make it some will "buy into it".
  7. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Like every other business, gotta come up with something new to keep the public interested. HD's 6th gear is a .8-1 ratio and is useless under 75mph, I guess if ya ride 90mph everywhere, 7 gears might be usefull. JMHO
  8. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I know a guy that has built quite a few bikes. On one of the latest ones he used a six speed. I asked him how he liked it and his reply was "just one more gear you have to shift in and out of." He preferred the five spd. Maybe it depends on the gearing.