1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

800 numbers

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 31, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Any time you call an 800 number
    (for a credit card, banking, charter communications, health and other insurance, computer help desk, etc.) and you find that you're talking to a foreign customer service representative (perhaps in India, Philippines, etc.), please consider doing the following:

After you connect and you realize that the customer service representative is not from the USA (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent), please, very politely (this is not about trashing other cultures) say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the United States of America ."

The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager, but, again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the USA ."
    YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED TO A REP IN THE USA . That's the rule and the LAW.

It takes less than one minute to have your call re-directed to the USA .
    Tonight when I got redirected to a USA rep, I asked again to make sure - and yes, she was from Fort Lauderdale .

Imagine what would happen if every US citizen insisted on talking to only US phone reps from this day on.
    Imagine how that would ultimately impact the number of US jobs that would need to be created ASAP.
    If I tell 10 people to consider this and you tell 10 people to consider doing this - see what I mean...it becomes an exercise in viral marketing 101.

Remember - the goal here is to restore jobs back here at home - not to be abrupt or rude to a foreign phone rep. You may even get correct answers, good advice, and solutions to your problem - in real English.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:cheers:dont know man......... like talkin to them slutty talkin oriental chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Seen enuff of them to last me the rest of my life! Anyway, it was on the news last week where many telephone jobs ARE coming back to the good ol USA. Seems it's not working out for the companies using the overseas customer service. People ARE fed up with them. Lets keep it going!
    Ps. My wife discovered that when you get automated answering service, you know press one or two etc, if you SCREAM into the phone I WANT TO TALK WITH A PERSON many times someone will pick up. She found this out after getting pissed enuff to kill and screamed. Now she does it all the time. :roflmao: