1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

90 Degree stem for air shocks

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Apr 3, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Does anyone know if there is an angled stem to allow me to put air into the shocks without removing the left saddlebag? I did notice on the 09's that the stem is angled to allow filling without removing saddlebag. I also wondered if I could hole-saw a hole through bag and then install a plug to seal out the weather. I don't want to compromise the structure of the bag. Any insight would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

o8x can you post a pic of how your air line look's , just might be able to see it better LOL my 03 X cop bike I have to just open the top & go from there ,I just havent taken the time to look into it But the fitting are a easy snap style so could be a easy fix
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the airvalve is removable and on a flex line. it can easily be moved to a better location if you want. i like the way mine is protected by the bag. only need to check it when i service the bike, and i remove the bags when doing that anyway. hope this helps a bit.....
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I moved both lines under the seat on a 98 RK, we got rid of the mount,

You could make your own and put them anyway you want, bend the one you have.

We drilled two holes under the seat in the cross brace behind the battery,
    ran both lines over the fender, under seat behind battery to the tray,

Used the stock fittings and nuts and jammed them down, now they are hidden away but easily accessable by removing the seat.

I would not mount them inside a bag as you might need to take that bag off sometime on the side of the road, or to clean then you'll be taking apart the fitting lines each time. You could move them under the cover where the ECM goes too if there is room but then you have to remove a bag and a cover (we thought about that and why we went under the seat.